6 months to go december brides!

posted 3 years ago in December 2013
Post # 3
315 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

@mrsztobee:  Wow! Looks like you’ve been up to a lot! I’m also looking for rehearsal dinner places…I emailed one venue but they never got back to me! I feel like people never answer their contact us forms.

I am looking into registering soon…I also didn’t want to do it too early for exactly the reasons you stated! Where did you register?

I called a florist and she was super nice! She can pretty much work within any budget, and actually said I didn’t need to come it until it gets closer. She had a lot of good ideas.

I also have ordered a few things to get my decorations started and I should probably start some diy projects!

Slowly but surely we are getting closer 🙂

Post # 4
472 posts
Helper bee

@mrsztobee:  

@laurel946:  

It’s so exciting we’ve only got 6 months left!!

I haven’t done anything since January either…. My FMIL is pay for our rehersal dinner, flowers, and the music at the church, so I haven’t even thought about it. I am making my own bouquet. It’s a jewlery one =) I have all I need for it, just gotta put it together.

I actually had a “omg I’m getting married soon” moment when someone asked if we had registered anywhere yet…. yeah haven’t even gotten there lol. I think we’re going to do it sometime this month (hopefully).  We just bought a house and have been trying to fix it up for the past week.  Hoping to have a house warming party by the end of the month.  Just out of curiousity…. its having a house warming party a month after you buy it rude or weird?  We had to do a lot of work to the house and we didn’t want people in it during construction and painting.

Post # 5
315 posts
Helper bee

@cupcakebride2013:  That is a totally normal thing! My sister and BIL had a housewarming party in Septemeber, and they bought their house in April! Not rude at all! They had to do a lot of work to it as well so I think that’s normal 🙂 Congrats on the house! I so wish we could buy one haha 

Post # 6
472 posts
Helper bee

@laurel946:  Thanks! I have to say, we bought a forclosure and had an FHA renovation loan… I’m happy I dye my hair. Otherwise my roots would’ve been grey!! I’m only 21…. haha. It’s been a pain in the a$$ throughout the whole process. But now that it’s said and done, it was totally worth it. =)  Do you all have a timeline in place or anything?

Post # 7
2571 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I just stalked my registry today and we have movement people!  Shower invites went out not so long ago so squee! 

It’s going to be here before we know it.  I have been having many a sleepless night worrying about little stupid things, lol.

Post # 10
223 posts
Helper bee

hi december bee’s!! it’s so  nice to talk to you!

i’m sooo excited that this finally feels real now. after 6 months it just flies on by. i want to see pictures of everyones stuff!! dresses, accesories, jewelry, bouquets, all that good stuff :)!!

i have been so paranoid lately about our budget i keep feeling like we’re not going to have enough money but every time i plan it all out we’re fine. it’s just stressful.

Post # 11
223 posts
Helper bee

we’re only registered at one place 🙁

i really wanted to do williams and sonoma but my hubby thinks it’s too expensive. right now we’re only at BBB

Post # 12
2571 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@mrsztobee:  Mine is going to be late summer.  We have to travel for it and this was the best time for us to. Weather might not be feasable to travel a month or so afterwards where we live!

Post # 14
461 posts
Helper bee

Yikes! We got engaged at the end of last summer and this year has flown by! I prefer wedding stress to school stress, but there’s so much to worry about and time is ticking! I feel like there’s a million things to worry about all at once. At the top of the list is getting my fitness down! I had the awful experience of ordering my dress in January a size smaller thinking I’d have enough time to buckle down and lose weight. Of course that didn’t happen and I’ve been slacking lately. I don’t want to spend more money on alterations, and I have a fitting scheduled for next month, which I really don’t want to push back. :/ I also spent a lot on boudoir, but it’s in August, and I’m worried about getting down to my ideal shape. We’re working on our wedding website so we can send our save the dates. Trying to get my FFIL to finish the paperwork for our rehearsal dinner. Trying to figure out if our lavender theme will work so I can focus on the details. Having the worst time figuring out our alcohol vendor. Looking forward to my bridal shower in August! We registered at W&S, Crate and Barrel, and Amazon, but need to update our registeries with everything we left off.

Post # 15
461 posts
Helper bee

@nemoandthebrain:  I’m worried about our budget too! I keep wishing we could have certain things and it makes me just want to forget about our budget completely.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors