6 months to go, how is everyone doing?

posted 3 years ago in August 2014
Post # 3
858 posts
Busy bee

I got 4 months to go, and im getting so freaking excited. But also so nervous that i am forgetting something important, even though i really know i am not!

Post # 4
371 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Beach

@Nikkimcq:  Heyyy Bee :)) my wedding is on the 30th almost date twin lol how is your planning what do you still have to do omg i can’t believe its 4 months lol

Well we still have 4 months left but I’m still cool hope all august brides are feeling the same way good luck 🙂

Post # 5
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Oh my still got so much to do! So stressfulllll

Post # 6
51 posts
Worker bee

I feel like a lot of the “big” stuff is done, but there are still so many small details to work on! I have a lot of stuff that I want to DIY, so we’ll see if that can actually happen. 🙂

Post # 7
518 posts
Busy bee

6 months?! wow…it feels like there is a lot more than that left! lol. I have a ton left to do I’m sure since I don’t have a ton done…but we’re having a non traditional, laid back, no reception wedding 🙂 my attitude about it being so small will probably get me in trouble and cause stress closer to the date! Hahaha…i’m an extreme procrastinator. oops!

Post # 8
858 posts
Busy bee

@myweddingbee:  Actually not alot to do at all. All contracts are final, all final appointments booked (hair trials, fittings) Shoes Bought 🙂 Just really have to purchase bridal gifts and host gifts and im done!! It feels nice to be done. We had 2 years in our favor for planning, long engagment. Just excited for the day to be here and to wear my beautiful dress!!!

How about you? Seeing the end of the list?

Post # 9
141 posts
Blushing bee

Can’t believe there’s only six months to go! We’ve been engaged for a year already, so it feels like we’re in the final stretch now 🙂 We’ve gotten most of the big stuff taken care of, contracts in place and everything…but I’ve started having wedding stress dreams! I keep worrying that things won’t go smoothly on the big day – I mean, how is everyone supposed to know when the do what?! Aah!

Post # 10
281 posts
Helper bee

Everything but the service and the DIY sorted. We really need to start gluing invitations together…

Post # 12
1670 posts
Bumble bee

WHAT it is only 6 months out now? UGH I feel ready and not ready at all at the same time. 

I’m about to send out my Save the Dates, I feel late on that I know but everybody important already knows the date so I’m not too fussed. Ugh ok I am a bit fussed, I’m on vacation next week and the cards are coming while I’m gone so FI is going to get a surprise when we come back from vacation called “time to assemble these cards and stamp them”

Post # 13
497 posts
Helper bee

@MissParrot:  we are date twins! Yay!

we have a bit left to do but not too much. Like you, we had a long engagement so it’s been easier to stay on track. That being said, my biggest issue is I second guess our vendors. I do not know why, but I have woken up in the middle of the night stressing one of them will mess up Yikes!

Post # 14
511 posts
Busy bee

@CaroBee:  Hey, we’re date twins, woo! And if it makes you feel any better, I’ve barely even thought about Save the Dates… I think we might just do an email or phone call to the important people rather than mailing out something formal, but we haven’t even gotten as far as thinking about that! So don’t feel bad!

In general I feel like our plans are chugging along more or less as I’d hoped, although of course the checklist on The Knot is full of exclamation points saying we’re behind 😛

Post # 16
1197 posts
Bumble bee

Ordered my new dress last night!  I’m so happy:)  We got our cake stand in the mail just today too. Our STDs went out last weekend.  

Now I need to really start thinking about decor, hotel room booking, hair and makeup styles, and my vows!  Holy cow, all starting to feel real!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors