6 months today!

posted 3 years ago in June 2014
Post # 3
Hostess
30305 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

YAY Super exciting! 🙂 I’m already married, but just wanted to pop in to enjoy the excitement!  Happy planning!

Post # 5
3280 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

We’re just over 6 months (barely!) and I have so much I plan to do over Christmas break. I have to meet with florists, contact videographers and limo rentals, start working on DIY centerpieces, shop for BM dresses, have our menu tasting, order invites, work on the rehersal dinner, try on my dress, start buying BM gifts, look for some shoes, find a MUA, pick a hairstyle, start the seating chart, meet with the venue about rentals, and a few other odds and ends. Hopefully I can get it all done in a month!! 

Post # 6
1987 posts
Buzzing bee

We’re just under the 7 month mark… I want to book the honeymoon soon (we know where and when, but I want to wait to see if airfare will drop at all).  Finding a sash to go with my dress is a big one!  I just bought my shoes 🙂  I also need to get info on reserving a block of hotel rooms soon.

Post # 7
5432 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2014 - Ontario, Canada ♥ EDD- April 2016

In less than two weeks it’ll be 6 months until our wedding! I’m so excited! I have my bachelorette Dec 28th which will be an awesome way to end the year 😉 It’s really early, but one of my bridesmaids lives across the country and will only be home during December. People have already been buying stuff from our registry too, so exciting! It’s really starting to sink in! Some days it feels like it’s so close and then other times it feels like it’s far away.

Post # 9
167 posts
Blushing bee

@sugarpea:  Date twin!

@MrsYoshida:  We’re working on more of the details for the ceremony and reception, as well as the rehearsal dinner.  Time is flying by, so I’m glad we have most things out of the way!

Post # 11
650 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - EDD 06/12/2016

@arielmerms:  we just booked our honeymoon! It’s so exciting it seems like it’s just around the corner! FYI we are leaving for our honeymoon on Monday the 30th and  are saving around $200  by departing on a weekday! And I just bought my shoes yesterday! Seems like we are about on the same page Lol

I still have to get all the stuff together to make my centerpieces, figure out who is setting up the ceremony and cleaning it up, set up cake tasting and decide on cake. I think that’s the only big stuff we have left to do!

Post # 12
1987 posts
Buzzing bee

@Kafrine:  Nice!  I think we might leave Tuesday the 1st… it’s the cheapest right now for a nonstop flight.  Where are you going on your honeymoon?

Post # 13
650 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - EDD 06/12/2016

@arielmerms:  we are going to Grand Sunset Princess Resort in Riviera Maya,  Mexico!

Post # 14
299 posts
Helper bee

Oh gosh, I just had a heart palpatation reading that and realizing it was true. 6 months!! We just ordered our invitation this week. My bridesmaids and my mom are supposed to order their dresses soon so I’ll be following up on that (they’ve already picked them out). I’m not doing anything else this month, Christmas gifts and travel are enough stress. Next month it’s limo/transportation arrangements, gifts for the wedding party and parents, and starting on some DIY projects (table numbers, guest book, etc.). Oh, and actually finding someone to do the legal marriage part. We’ve been putting that off.

Post # 15
1194 posts
Bumble bee

I cannot believe it’s six months! I also ordered my invitations last week (woo Cyber Monday!) as well as some stuff for my DIY programs (cardstock, craft sticks, stuff like that). We’ve been trying to coordinate the boys’ schedules to go look at the tuxes, but I really want to take both FI and one of my bridesmen so I can see the tuxes on two people. I may just have to forget that and only go with FI.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors