(Closed) 6+ Months TTC – Part 8!

posted 6 years ago in TTC
  • poll: Have you added the "PP" (aka JHoll's favorite...) to your TTC repertoire?
    YES! : (10 votes)
    28 %
    Not yet, but I am planning on it : (15 votes)
    42 %
    No, and I am not sure I will : (4 votes)
    11 %
    I can't figure out how to do it... : (7 votes)
    19 %
  • Post # 4
    1053 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

@septcabride:  Hopefully you’re the next BFP!! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 5
    285 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

@septcabride: and @ecomaha:  and elchalten – I will be following you guys!!!  Fingers crossed!  Looks like Jholler’s position may be a winner πŸ™‚

Post # 6
    715 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

thanks for starting part 8. maybe jholl’s PP will work wonders… and we get a crazy number of BFP’s.

should we add our stats (incl charts) from the last thread? I liked to be able to go back to the first page and have everyone’s history.

@septcabride: & @ecomaha:  when are you girls planning to test?

@gingersnap25:  thanks for cheering. how are you feeling today?

Post # 8
    1993 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

OMG- Cracking me up that ya’ll really added a poll!!! LMAO!!!!

Post # 9
    2000 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2009

Septca, you poll is cracking me up! We’ve tried something similar many times (doggy). Fertility books have said that missionary is the best and doggy is second best, so we’ve used it liberally. We haven’t technically used JHo’s PP yet, but we will during our next cycle! Hahaha.

Post # 10
    2000 posts
    Buzzing bee

So I think I need some advice … I was thinking of asking my doctor to prescribe me BCPs for this cycle. Here’s my reasoning: We won’t get in to see the RE until Wednesday (CD10), which will be too late to start anything this cycle. If we decide to do the lap and D&C, being on BCP will give me peace of mind that there really is no baby in there! And if we decide not to do the lap, I won’t have to wait until CD35 to start progesterone to induce a period. What do you guys think?

ETA: Oh, and I’ve heard that being on BCP could help shrink ovarian cysts (I currently have some on my right ovary).

Post # 11
    2793 posts
    Sugar bee

Huge congrats on MrsMeNow’s BFP! Have a happy and healthy one lady πŸ™‚ So thrilled for you!

Hey guys πŸ™‚ Popping in from my little break… I love you guys to death but sometimes this thread is just *too much* for me. DH and I have so many stressful things happening in our personal lives right now that I had to take a little break from life. It’s been nice to just not have to think about TTC every second of the day πŸ™‚ I feel like I’ve cleared my head a bit and I’m ready to jump back in.

Currently on my 2nd round of Clomid, CD8, waiting to O. Ready to get this show on the road πŸ™‚

Some interesting things I’ve observed:

• Does Clomid usually make your pre-O temps higher? I took my first temp of the cycle this morning and it is in the range of what my early post-O temps were last month. Just wondering if this is a normal thing?

• So interesting to note how taking the Clomid at a different time this round has affected me. The first month, I took it around noon time every day. My serious side effects were INSANE bloating, feeling like my ovaries were walking 2 feet in front of me they were so swollen, and mood swings. This round, I decided to try taking Clomid before bed. I’ve had no bloating or swelling (yet), but I do wake up every morning with a headache and as soon as I open my eyes I have this intense urge to vomit. I literally hurled myself over the side of the bed this morning to the trash bin thinking I was right on the verge. So strange. Of course, with the lack of all the other symptoms, I’m freaking out thinking “OMG It didn’t work!”. But I’m already beginning to get some wet CM (I O’ed on CD12 last cycle) and I’m having some serious comes-outta-nowhere cramping. So it seems like good news πŸ™‚

Other than that, it’s time to start putting the Pregnancy Position to use!

Post # 12
    715 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

@septcabride: ok – here we go:

• Name: elchalten
    • Chart?:  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/36b58b I think tomorrow will be my last day for this cycle. you never know what the outcome will be anyways no matter how great your chart looks. 
    • Cyle #/TTC since…: since June 2011
    • Issues?:  Possible diminished ovarian reserve (i’m 30). Thin lining. HSG looked good but will get final results today; DH had an SA and it was all good.
    • New tricks for Part 8?:  jholler’s PP ;-); stop charting once O has been confirmed.
    • I will test:  April 21/22
    • How will you tell DH when you get your BFP: i think i won’t be able to come up with something special. he’ll prob know when i’m testing anyways.
    • Your plans for the tww: give up charting; having something to do every night to keep me occupied (i actually made a plan…lol)

Post # 13
    285 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

@septcabride:  Love the poll…HILARIOUS! And…hold out, you know you can!  Every day that you do, the darker the line πŸ™‚

@elchalten:  Always πŸ™‚  Thanks for checking up on me – really means a lot…I have to be honest, I don’t really know how I am feeling at this point, if that makes sense. 

@bunny:  I wish I could help … I have never been on BCP.  Hoping someone else can chime in and help though.

@MrsMaine:  Welcome Back…hoping your time away was super helpful πŸ™‚ 

Post # 14
    2000 posts
    Buzzing bee

• Name: Bunny
    • Chart?:  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/381beb
    • Cyle #/TTC since…:  NTNT since April/May 2010; TTC since Jan. 2011
    • Issues?: PCOS. Basically I don’t ever ovulate or get a period without meds.
    • New tricks for Part 8?:  Seeing an RE on 4/18 to talk through our options. Possible lap and ovarian drilling 5/2. Afterward, Clomid and/or injectibles, assuming we can afford the treatment (DH was laid off 3/30).
    • I will test: 11 days after I ovulate again, whenever that is!
    • How will you tell DH when you get your BFP: He will know when he hears me screaming (with joy!) from the bathroom!
    • Your plans for the tww: My plan is to HAVE a TWW again someday! Holy crap, I didn’t realize ovulating would be so freaking difficult!

Post # 15
    2793 posts
    Sugar bee

• Name: Maine πŸ™‚

• Cycle #/TTC since…: June 2011 (Month 11)

• Issues?:  Severe PCOS, +/- 2 year deadline.

• New tricks for Part 8?:  Clomid Round 2 & the Pregnancy Position!

• I will test:  April 30-May 2nd

• How will you tell DH when you get your BFP: Finally came up with it πŸ™‚ DH and I knew each other from a few classes in college, but the first time we really “met” and went on a date, he came from about 30 minutes away to my hometown. Since he’d never been here, I had him meet me at a gas station right off the highway because it was easier than trying to find my house. I’ll never forget getting out of my car and greeting him because I knew somehow that he was going to be “the one”. It was a huge moment in our lives, so I’ve decided that when the time comes, I’ll take him back to the gas station. Maybe say some sweet thing about how the biggest moment in our lives happened here, so I wanted to make sure the next one did too. Then I’ll give him a gift to open with a cute onesie that says “I Love My Daddy” or something like that πŸ™‚

• Your plans for the tww:

•  

Post # 16
    1508 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

• Name: Kayakgirl73
    • Chart?:  none
    • Cyle #/TTC since…:  NTNT since November 2010; TTC since Mar/Apr 2011
    • Issues?: Ovulation problems, I don’t seem to ovulate, possible blocked tube, Hypothyroid – treated but who really knows, if it still isn’t causing problems.
    • New tricks for Part 8?:  I’m doing IUI this cycle. CD 1 was April 4th. I took 100mg of Clomid Days 3-7. Will proably add in Gonal-F and trigger with Ovidrel, than IUI.
    • I will test: Beta 17 days after the IUI. Trigger shot messes up home urine tests.
    • How will you tell DH when you get your BFP:
      No clue, he’ll know when I’m having the Beta since I won’t really be able to surprise him.
    • Your plans for the tww: Try to stay sane. Not esy with cutting back on caffiene and no wine.

The topic ‘6+ Months TTC – Part 8!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors