6 prong, half carat solitaire pictures??

posted 2 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
102 posts
Blushing bee

Mine is a .46 Leo set in 6 prongs. I wear a size 4. 

Post # 3
1622 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Cape May

SparklyDiva:  I love your set! Especially your milgrain wedding band! I have one too 🙂 

Post # 4
2224 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 1987

0.51 carats on a 5.5 finger.

Post # 5
1099 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2016

SparklyDiva:  Ugggggghhhhhhh! I’ve been wondering what my ring would look like as a 6 prong and I loooooooove yours!!! Damn!

Post # 6
102 posts
Blushing bee

Thank you! The wedding band is a Tiffany and the solitaire was reset from a 4 prong yg setting by my local jeweler. 

Post # 7
55 posts
Worker bee

SparklyDiva:  

Supersleuth:  

nice 6 prongs! where did you get your rings? the prongs look different, are they called specific styles?

Post # 8
2224 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 1987

I bought my diamond online from Whiteflash and had it set at Mappin & Webbs in Glasgow (or at least the work would have been done at their shop in the Birmingham Jewellery Quarter).  The six prongs are smaller than they would need to be if there was just four of them.  I didn’t really think about their shape at the time we chose the ring.  The prongs are round rather than pointed although in real life (rather than magnified on a photo on Weddingbee) they are so small that I don’t think that anyone would know their shape.  They don’t tend to catch on things.  Because they are yellow gold I’ll probably need to have them re-tipped in a few years time.

I don’t think that different shaped prongs have different names but I think that you could ask your jeweller for advice.  I’ve seen prongs that are rounded, that are pointed, that are oval and even those that are heart-shaped.  The main thing is to avoid ones that catch on things and to avoid overly high settings.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  .
Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors