(Closed) 6 week Merry Marry/ied Life Makeover…who's with me?

posted 5 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Sounds like a good idea! My birthday is at the end of next month and I won’t so badly to be in the 130s. I starting slipping to after the wedding and gained 7 lbs. I have finally gotten back to where I was the week of the wedding. I plan to drink 8 glasses of water, workout more, stop eating out so much and if I do, choose healthy choices. Cut back on portions and sweets, and stop mindless eating. I love running and haven’t been doing much of it lately. I want to start running 3 miles at least 4 times a week and more weight training and yoga once a week.

Post # 4
206 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Count me in! I have completely fallen off the wagon since our wedding in September. My goals are to stick to an 80% paleo diet (I have a lot of stomach issues and my body seems happiest when I eat this way) and exercise at least 30 min, 4-5 times/week. And drink more water…I’m terrible about drinking water. 

I’m about 15 lbs heavier than my ultimate goal weight, so it would be great to get down to that, but I would also be really happy to just tone things up and not have my pants tight after I eat a big meal heh. 🙂 

Post # 5
2401 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@cdncinnamongirl:  oooohhhhh I want to join! I do better at working out if I have goals and others along for the ride(: I want to loose 15-20 by new years (: Just quitting soda I drop 10 in a month!

Post # 6
561 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Yes!! I was doing so well all year until October. I’ve been sooo lazy and need to get back into it! My goals will be:

-Nothing with added or artificial sugar (not counting fruits).

-No white carbs.

-At the gym for one hour, four days a week.

-Drink more water!

-Eat more veggies and protein.

-No skipping meals!

I’m particularly bad with skipping meals. I just get distracted, and then I tend to make awful eating choices for my next meal.

Post # 7
2840 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Ha! Yes, we’ve both gained weight and so we bought a bathroom scale this weekend.

Post # 8
247 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

This is a great idea!

1. ONLY weigh myself on mondays… i tend to get obsessed 😉

2. work out sun-thurs… i work at a gym so this should be decently easy

3. drink 70 ounces of water a day

4. no starches after 3pm!

5. stop forgetting to take my vitamins

6. don’t eat tons and tons and tons on thanksgiving 

Post # 9
20 posts
  • Wedding: May 2012

I want to join too! I have also gained a lot of weight since i got married about 7 months ago. I have been working on losing it, but this seems like a great thread to help me with extra motivation and support!

-work out 3 days a week

-less carbs/processed food

-would like to be down at least 5 pounds in the six weeks

Post # 11
268 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

I’d love to get on board with this, my plan: 

-Drink 6-8 glasses of water daily

-Eat a variety of fruit and veg, totalling 5-10 servings per day

-Workout, including yoga and cardio

-Meditate to release stress 

-Watch one or two hours less of tv per day/internet 

Post # 13
3126 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

Count me in too! I am headed to the gym now but I will be back later with my goals!

Post # 16
120 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Can I join still?! I’d like to lose 10lbs/fit back into my skinny clothes in 6 weeks.

-No refined sugar/white carbs

-Cardio 6 days/week for 30 minutes

-Weights 2x/week and abs 4x/week

-Eat 5 servings of veggies/day

-Take supplements daily (multi, fish oil, coconut oil, flax seed and apple cider vinegar). I know, I’m a freak! 

@cdncinnamongirl:  Completely agree and I do the same thing. Writing stuff down and checking off goals is such a great way to stay accountable. I also find that when I go back and read my notes/thoughts about the whole process I can spot patterns and create solutions for typical problems. 

The topic ‘6 week Merry Marry/ied Life Makeover…who's with me?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors