(Closed) 6 Weeks & Spotting

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
14503 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Call your ObGyn.  Yes it can be common, but you should make sure.

Post # 4
536 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2007

I had it around 10 weeks, bright red, filled about a pad’s worth, and then was brownish spotting for the next 12 hours or so. Happened probably six hours after intercourse, came with bad cramps. OB had me come in, and decided it was probably just a bruised cervix from sex or something, told me to hold off on sex and exercise for a week to make sure it was an isolated thing. Never happened again, at 31 weeks baby remains ok!

Post # 5
43 posts
Newbee

i started spotting 5 wks, 5 days. OB brought me in did an ultrasound and took blood to check progesterone levels (hormone responsible for maintaining the preg). they were low so now i’m on a supplement and after a week, levels are back in a safe range. i did get to see the heartbeat at that time, which was reassuring. did a follow up ultrasound this past week and everything looked good. i continue to have a little bit of spotting on and off – he may do another ultrasound this week. it still makes me nervous and i’d rather it not be there, but i’ve accepted that maybe this will be normal for me.

try not to worry to much, but definitely call your doc.

Post # 7
2161 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Did you have sex recently?

I used to work in a family planning clinic and in L&D (RN).   25% of people will bleed in early pregnancy.  Many times, your cervix bleeds when bumped.  It’s called a friable cervix and is from the blood vessels coming closer to the surface with the new hormones in your body.

Yes, it could be something else too, but that usually involves a lot of cramps and heavier bleeding.   If this is like spotting, I would call your OB/doctor and try hard to stay positive.

Best of luck to you.

Post # 8
43 posts
Newbee

@spraguebride: no need to call anyone right away unless its super heavy and accompanied by cramping. the doc i saw when i went in for spotting was also a new doc and he was great – supportive and aggressive with the problemsolving (unlike my super negative gyno, who was the only person i’d seen prior to that).

just try to relax and take it easy tomorrow (no gym/sex). easier said than done i know….

Post # 9
682 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Brown usually means its old blood so you may not have anything to worry about. Do you have a nurses hotline you can call? 

Post # 11
1246 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

this question doesnt have anything to do with this thread, but since it only took you one cycle to get KU, were you charting, or just playing it by ear?

Post # 13
165 posts
Blushing bee

I had trace spotting of brown blood for a couple of days in week 6 and again in week 8 and baby was fine.  My recommendation would be to put your feet up and make it a lazy day of movie watching on the couch today, call your new doctor’s office Monday morning, and if you’ve been Googling bleeding in pregnancy – stop (that just served to stress me out more than it helped).  Whether your doctor has you come in will likely depend on how long you’ve had the spotting. how much, and what color.  It’s likely they may just tell you to keep an eye on it and call back if it continues, but at least you’ll have the piece of mind that you’ve called.  My doctor said they’re more concerned with pink or red blood than brown blood (old blood) and heavy like a period than trace spotting.  That there’s a lot of blood and blood vessels involved in the whole baby making process and some women just shed blood and some don’t.  Try to relax (I know, easier said than done) and know that others have gone through the same thing and everything turned out fine.

Post # 14
332 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

I would just try to get an apt. ASAP. My first pregnancy I spotted early and miscarried (no bleeding or cramping, just a tiny bit of spotting). But for this pregnancy I spotted around 5 weeks and so far so good, I’m 17 weeks now. I think for spotting, it’s more normal that everything is ok then you miscarry. Like you said, you have to worry more about bleeding with cramping (which I also had earlier and so far the baby is fine).

The topic ‘6 Weeks & Spotting’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors