(Closed) 6 weeks away- haven’t lost a pound

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
2821 posts
Sugar bee

Crunches and arm weights.  Felt like even if everything isn’t perfect at least there will be some definition.

Post # 5
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

strictly water-or gatorade or powerade while working out to cover the electrolytes which sucks i love soda-its my weakness…

also strict baked only diet chicken fish and veggies

Post # 6
277 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

All snacks are a fruit or vegetable (apple, banana, carrots, etc.). I drink only water except for dinner (I let myself have iced tea with *gasp* sugar with dinner). Breakfast is cereal with skim milk or oatmeal, lunch is a lowfat sandwich on wheat or a salad. Dinner varies, but I’ve tried some lowfat recipes.

I go to the gym (or walk 3 miles outside, depending on the weather) 3 times a week. I plan on upping this to 5 days a week after next week.

I have 8 weeks to go, hoping I can shed 5 pounds!

Post # 7
445 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Carry your dress pic around with you at all times. Whenever you are tempted by anything naughty, take it out and look at it. If you’re still tempted, just say to yourself, I can have it right after the wedding … 🙂

Which Jillian Michaels DVD do you have? I did No More Trouble Zones. Brutal but effective.

Post # 8
1510 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

@Finberg – Skip the gatorade all together.  Unless you are running for 2+ hours you don’t need it.  The extra sugar is just extra calories.  To replenish electrolytes, drink Smart Water – no calories, but it has electrolytes.

In terms of weight loss, it’s simple.  Eat less calories than you expel.  Drink lots of water to flush everything out of your system.  Do lots of cardio.  At this point, in order to increase your muscle mass to increase your resting metabolic rate, which causes you to burn more calories while not doing anything, you will need to have been on a regular weight lifting routine for a while.  Lots and lots of cardio.  Also, switch up your cardio.  If you are just going on the elliptical for 45 minutes and barely breaking a sweat, you aren’t doing much for yourself.  You need to be tired and sweaty after you are finished.  Your body adjusts to workouts so if you are doing the same thing everyday and not really feeling like it was that difficult, it probably wasn’t.

A great cardio workout to do is to do sprints mixed in with jogging.  Jog for 30-45 minutes and every 5 minutes (or less if you are in good shape), sprint as fast as you can for 20 seconds and then go back to jogging with no stopping to walk.  You want to mix in your anarobic and aerobic breathing to get the most out of your cardio workouts (anaerobic means you are pushing your body to the limit and are breathing VERY hard with a HIGH heart rate, while aerobic means your heart rate is elevated, but not much higher than it is normally). 

In terms of food, if you want to go extreme, eat only lean protein (ie salmon/ chicken) and vegetables.  Also, don’t eat too much!  I don’t care how healthy you are eating, if you aren’t losing weight you are eating too much and not exercising enough since you aren’t creating a calorie deficit. 

Also, to give credit to what I am saying – I was a NCAA Division 1 athelete in two sports all through college and now I’m 5’7″ and maintain a weight of 118-123 pounds.  Similarly, to the OP I am at my upper limit of what I usually weight right now due to stress, so I’m following everything I just mentioned above to lose those 5 pounds and get back down to 118.

I’m personally not a fan of the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.  The workouts are too short. If you want max weight loss, try the Sean B Insanity workout – you can buy the set on Ebay for pretty cheap.  The workouts are all cardio with some body weight strength training mixed in and last from 30-40 minutes during the first month and up to 50 in the second month.  I am doing it right now and these are by far the best workouts on DVD I have EVER found.

Post # 9
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

AH! I’m 7 weeks out and let the last minute routines begin.

I’ve lost about 20lbs since October and am hoping to lost another 5-7 before the big day. I will be gymming 5 days a week, hiking 2 days a week. Gym will be mixture of running, plyometrics and weights. Cutting out processed food, sugar and upping my water.

@Mrs.Loub – Totally great advice!!!

Post # 10
353 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@MrsLoub I second everything that you said- great advice!

I’m 65 days away now, August 14th, and beginning crunch time mode. My fiance was a pro baseball player and he eats WHATEVER he wants and looks great. I can’t play by this game anymore- I’ve got to do what’s good for my health.

Post # 11
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I have the tracey anderson DVD…It is good stuff, she was a personal trainer, because ladies I tried on my dress and it didn’t fit!!! Can you imagine?

The HORROR!

I grew three inches on my hips from Novermber to February.

I blame it on all the good bread & beer/wine. (I live in Europe at the moment)

Anyway…I need to get serious and stop snacking. (I just ate a ritter chocolate knusper bar) What can I say chocolate takes off the edge?

So no bread! 🙁 No beer :(( I do get a pass on white wine though. I’ve been eating two grapefruits a day and lots and lots of water. Now if I can only motivate myself to do the videos!

Post # 13
29 posts
Newbee

Let’s not talk about excersise for now, so as far as diet, only lean cuisines at lunch, sensible dinner and I agree, No more fast food ! Oh, and if I plan to have alcohol, skip dinner all together, lol

Post # 14
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

It is really hard to stick to a diet, I find it is better if you just don’t have ‘tempting’ foods in the house.

Post # 15
2410 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Skip the lean cuisines, the sodium in those things is mega bloating. Try not to eat processed food. Make a sandwich or a salad.

Post # 16
29 posts
Newbee

yes, but the sodium factor in a 6 gram of fat lean cuisine is still far better then the fat factor in a big mac, agreed?

The topic ‘6 weeks away- haven’t lost a pound’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors