6 Weeks Empty Gestational Sac?

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
2783 posts
Sugar bee

@Jilliebean1:  you might not be as far along as you think you are, like maybe you ovulated late. I would wait till the next appointment to worry.

Post # 4
167 posts
Blushing bee

@Jilliebean1:  did they tell you how big the gestational sac was? And did the doctor talk to you at all or schedule another US? The fetal heartbeat can sometimes be seen at six weeks but for sure by 6.5-7 weeks. I would think they’d have you come back and check you again. I know on my first US with my son they didnt see his heartbeat but did on my second. So try not to worry yet. I know from experience that is easier said than done though. 

Post # 5
938 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Wgive are you going for your next ultrasound?

Post # 6
701 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

This was the same for me, and I was worried right up until my next appointment (12 weeks) which was yesterday. 6 weeks is a long time to worry!  You are most likely earlier than you think. We definately saw lots yesterday!! Try not to stress, it’s out of your hands I’m sure everything will be fine!!

Post # 8
486 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

ThE top pic is 5 weeks 4 days and just a yolk sac present. 

The bottom pic is 7 weeks 2 days with a bean. So a lot develops in a small time. 

Post # 9
2114 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Don’t worry right now. It’s exactly the reason most women won’t get ultrasounds until 8 weeks and beyond, it can be very hard to see the fetal pole, heart flicker, all of that in early pregnancy. And I wouldn’t fret about your symtoms dissipating….some women do begin to feel less pregnant as they move beyondd the early part of the 1st trimester. Just follow up with your doc and see when you can get in for the next one. 

Post # 10
416 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@Jilliebean1:  I agree with PPs, it’s probably just too early.  When are they having you come back?  Are you getting any bloodwork in the meantime?  Hang in there!

Post # 11
11668 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@Jilliebean1:  if they were worried they would tell you. Do you have another u/s scheduled? You could ask for an hcg test. In sure everything is fine m. Try not to worry before there’s something to worry about.

Symptoms come and go its normal! I had all day nausea for 8 weeks that abruptly stopped. I of course worried instead of enjoying the week off and it came back with a vengeance a week later .

Post # 12
7654 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

@Jilliebean1:  Don’t get wrapped up in symptoms. I have been freaking out because I haven’t puked yet and all my nausea has gone away, but yet my belly keeps getting bigger so something is going on. Symptoms can come and go. It’s really normal. I started having very light cramping again this week (week 10), and it has been weeks since I had that. One week my boobs are sore and the next fine. It’s crazy what changes the body goes through.

I would say if you are terribly concerned, go in to get your levels checked (don’t take a pregnancy test because I heard you can get a false pos if, God forbid, something did happen).

Post # 13
1118 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Don’t freak out yet.  6 weeks is pretty early on and as a PP said you might not be as far along as you think.  Also many dr offices are different.  For example at my dr’s they let us hear the heartbeat at our first appt (9wks) but for my friend they wouldn’t let her hear it until like week 15 or after b/c they said sometimes its hard to find it early on and they didnt’ want to freak her out if they couldn’t find it… She was worried b/c she knew I had heard the heartbeat and was worried something was wrong b/c her dr wouldn’t let her… but it was just how each office operated.

Post # 14
3756 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

The tech can’t tell you anything, wait for the doc to call. 6 weeks is right around the time that the fetal pole develops and a heart will start beating but it’s likely you just aren’t there yet. Were you right at 6weeks 0 days? Did they see a yolk sac in the gestational sac? I know it’s really hard not to freak yourself out, but try to be happy that today you are still pregnant!! Are they scheduling another ultrasound soon to follow up?

Post # 16
8818 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I’ve heard this is common b/c 6 weeks is so early. U/S machines can also be +/- 5 days so it could just be that the little bean isn’t going to show for another couple of days. 

I was worried about this and booked my 1st U/S at 8 weeks instead of 6.  FX you get to see your little one soon!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors