(Closed) 6 weeks pregnant – what would you do?

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
6745 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2014

Is it a violent child that’s a first grader?  Your first paragraph is a little hard to read. 

Post # 4
4327 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

First: I’d not get upset until you were sure it wasn’t a rumor. 

Second: I’d say thanks, but no thanks, and bring a note from a doctor. 

Post # 5
1471 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Oh man, that’s so hard. I was supposed to get a violent 8th grader on my caseload, which was mentioned to me the day I found out I was pregnant (at 4 weeks). Luckily, I had the ability to tell my supervisor who immediately agreed it wasn’t a good call. 

Can you talk to someone about a contingency plan? Request assistance? I don’t know, but I’ve followed your story, and I feel so terrible for you 🙁 What an awful spot to be put in. 

Post # 7
9825 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I would ask them to make special consideration for you.

Post # 8
6893 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

Oh, man. I imagine I may be in a similar position if I ever get pregnant, so I feel for you!

I would wait and see, like PP said, if it was just a rumor or what. If they had made that decision, I would talk to my principal and see if that would fix the issue. Make it clear that it isn’t because you don’t want to work with the child, but because of your pregnancy’s health. If THAT didn’t work, I’d bring in a doctor’s note to both the principal and to the school board and handle it civilly…but definitely HANDLE it.

Post # 10
7609 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@StuporDuck:  That’s exactly what I would do.

Find out if it’s for sure, then get a note if it is.  Someone else can do it this year.

Post # 14
2104 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

YES, dear goodness gracious, talk to someone.  We made some shifts to my class list when I let it be known that I was pregnant (and due more or less in the middle of the year).  None of the kids that we shifted around were violent, but BAD personality combos.

The topic ‘6 weeks pregnant – what would you do?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors