(Closed) 6 Weeks To Go and Not a Word…

posted 7 years ago in Catholic
Post # 3
133 posts
Blushing bee

@MsJeep23:  Have you done premarital counseling?  If not, I would be extremely worried given the time constraints.  Call the parish secretary, tell her your situation, and ask for her help.  Are there other priests or a deacon you can talk to?  If nothing else works, stop by the church on a weekday to try and catch him.  Look up the church’s weekday Mass times and try to catch him after Mass.

If you’ve completed pre-marital counseling and everything is in order, then I wouldn’t be as worried.  He probably has all sorts of more pressing issues (other weddings, baptisms/confirmations during the Easter vigil, Holy Week activities, etc).   But even in that case, I would call the parish secretary and verify that you are on the church calendar for a wedding.  Then ask her advice on the situation (she talks to the priest every day).

Post # 4
3176 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I feel ya! I’m having this issue with our pre-cana priest. I’ve left dozens of messages and even tried to corner him after mass one day! I contacted the Parish secretary who told me she would make sure he got back to me, still nothing. She did say he was very busy up until Easter.

Post # 5
3871 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Have you emailed him before and has he responded?  Maybe he’s someone who doesn’t check his email as regularly like we do.  Did you try calling him or making a visit to see him at the church?

Post # 6
5093 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

I had tons of difficulty getting hold of anyone when we were trying to pick which church we were going to use, too.  Now, although we’ve been signed up at our selected church for almost three months, they have yet to tell us when/where/who we’ll meet to go over our FOCCUS stuff…  even though they require all couples to complete a meeting within a month of signing up.  It’s so frustrating!

Post # 7
1046 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Is it possible for you to go to the church and attmept to talk to him in person?

Post # 9
127 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I would be a little worried. FI and I met with our Priest like 6 or 7 times for premarrital counseling. We also had to do 2 classes through the Archdiosece and will be doing 1 class of Natural Family Planning. There is a lot that you have to do to be married in the Catholic Church, so I would check! Since we finished pre-cana we haven’t really spoken to our Priest, but I do know that we will have to meet with him one last time about 1 month before the wedding to cross all the t’s and dot the i’s. So, I need to get ahold of him to hammer down a time to do that. Good luck!

The topic ‘6 Weeks To Go and Not a Word…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors