(Closed) 6 weeks until wedding, need to clear up my face, HELP!!

posted 7 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Lately I’ve been using this: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P266800&om_mmc=GoogleBase&_requestid=42976&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=1269455&sbanner=us_search

.. and I’ve honestly seen an improvement in my skin.  Less breakouts (knock on wood!) and I think my skin looks more even and my pores look smaller.

Good luck!  I definitely second the lots of water thing — I’m doing that a lot too, along with workouts to sweat out toxins!

Post # 4
10367 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

topical skin treatments won’t do anything for the deep under-the-surface pimples – that’s all hormones. It’s likely stress related, just relax if you can, and it should clear up!

Post # 5
2459 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Pro active is amazing, It takes about 3 weeks of using it before it works….you will want to stop using it as it can sting, cause dryness and redness, and you might break out heaps in the first 3 weeks….persist it is a miricle worker, I tried everything to know avail, especially as I have really sensitive skin. My skin was flawless for the wedding. 

Follow the instructions to a tea and I guarantee u will see results.

Post # 6
2459 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

@crayfish: If she has skin problems since the age of 14,  I doubt just relaxing will fix it. 

Post # 7
244 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I recently got a tip from a pro makeup artist. Use Witch Hazel. You can get it at CVS or Walgreens for like $5. It has been working for me. It’s a natural astringent. I don’t really like the smell of it, but it works and it doesn’t burn or iritate my skin. Give it a try, worst case, you are out $5.

Post # 8
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

You can try to do something cheap and easy, get some quick oats (ie canister of oatmeal … not instant) put about 2 cups in a large bowl, add enough warm water to make a thick paste and smear on your face, and let it sit for about 10 minutes. I had to do this throughout high school

Also make sure whatever daily product you are using isn’t drying out your skin bleve it or not too dry skin can cause acne.

Post # 9
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Proactiv has worked wonderfully for me. I always had really deep (cyctic) acne that got terrible in my 20s. I started using Proactiv and I think it’s basically “healed” my skin.

Takes a few weeks to work, but be persistant!!! Good luck:)

Post # 10
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Take fish oil (1-2 tabs) with your daily multivit. it works!

Post # 11
929 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I personally had no luck with proactive. Currently trying The Body Shop’s tea tree oil line. So far, I have seen great results.

Post # 12
348 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Get an appointment with a dermatologist asap. I get the same type of deep, under the skin pimples, and no amount of skin care does anything when I have breakouts. I was prescribed a low-dose antibiotic called Minocycline, which I started taking about three weeks before my wedding. By my wedding day, my face was completely clear. It was a life saver!

Post # 13
2295 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

tea tree oil- great investment!

Post # 14
729 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

cerave

Post # 14
241 posts
Helper bee

I’m not a huge fan of proactiv long term but I do think if you use it for a few weeks your skin will be good for the wedding.

Post # 15
655 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Merry02: I agree, go see a derm ASAP. Topical treatments won’t work inthe short time frame you have.

The topic ‘6 weeks until wedding, need to clear up my face, HELP!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors