"6 year bee" timeline talk update

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
511 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Hooray for a happy result! Well done in having an honest talk with him – communication is so important in a relationship!

Post # 4
1343 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

So happy that it worked out for you!!!! yay!

Post # 5
1931 posts
Buzzing bee

Aw yay! Poor guy, $10K at a minimum? No wonder he was intimidated! 

Post # 6
3938 posts
Honey bee

@summerlove21:  So happy that speaking up worked out for you! I am a firm believer that adults should voice their feelings and desires! Fingers crossed the engagement comes soon!!! 🙂

Post # 7
11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

Wow! That’s GREAT news! I’m so happy for you!

Post # 8
7997 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

This is great! I can’t imagine not expressing my views sooner though lol I guess I am just not a subtle person… at all hahaha.

Yay, now you have something tangible to look forward to!!

Post # 9
1018 posts
Bumble bee

@summerlove21:  I totally agree with this and it’s pretty much exactly how it went down with SO and I. I never wanted to say anything or come off naggy or pressuring, so he assumed I wasn’t thinking about it. And who could blame him? Turns out he had been thinking about and after our talk he said “I had no idea you were feeling this way, I’m REALLY glad we talked about it!”

Other waiting bees: if you plan on marrying this man then the discussion should have happy results 🙂

Post # 10
3960 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@summerlove21:   What a wonderful discussion to share, thank you, your FI  is a real treasure!!  Have fun ring shopping!!  So happy for you!!!  🙂

Post # 12
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

That’s Awesome best of luck!!!Laughing

Post # 13
585 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Awesome!! Have fun, keep everyone posted! 🙂

Post # 14
4834 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Congratulations! I think this is a great example not of timelines or “shut it up” or any of those things, but rather that being able to communicate is the most important part of a relationship. You felt comfortable enough to bring it up, he didn’t get upset but explained his side, and you came up with a solution. I think this bodes well for your marriage 🙂

Post # 15
24 posts
Newbee

I am happy you had the talk.  I have been with my SO for close to nine years.   However I have gone through phases when most of my friends and family have gotten engaged/married and I wondered too.

However I took a step back and thought I am still with SO, we are at a happy medium and when SO feels he is ready to ask that special question then I know we are both ready.  

It actually made me feel better when I found out my co-worker was dating her husband for 14 years and two children later when he poped the question.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors