8 guests : (25 votes)
    89 %
    10 guests : (3 votes)
    11 %
  • Post # 3
    4770 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

8 (maybe 9) with charger plates. 10 would be tight but would fit without charger plates.

Post # 4
    5935 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: October 2013

Definitely 8. I would only put 10 people at a 72″ table

Post # 5
    1243 posts
    Bumble bee

We use these at work for large seated dinners.  8 is the most I would seat at one comfortably. I actually prefer 6 or 7. I would never try to fit 10.

Post # 6
    11634 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

We had 60 inch tables – 8 is perfect.  Any more than that and it’ll get really tight.  We had a few tables with seven, and those guests said it was super roomy and comfortable!

Post # 8
    9137 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@asagirl:  8 fit comfortably.  10 would be tight, really tight if you have any larger guests.  If you want to cut down on the number of tables, do 8 ft rectangular tables which will comfortably seat 10 (4 on each side and 1 on each end.)

Post # 9
    71 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

We had 60″ tables and we fit 10 per table.

Post # 10
    10748 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2014

Ours are the same and 8 is the norm, but if a group of 9 needs to sit together I’m not too worried. If you HAD to do a couple tables of 10 apparently that’s fine (my venue has done it) but it’s obviously more squishy. Aim for 8.

Post # 11
    3280 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

We’ll be having 9-10 at all of our round 60″tables . Our coordinator told us that they seat anywhere from 8-12 at these tables, altough they do not recommend 12 they can do it, but 10 is the norm. We will need every spot we can get lol I figure they will only be there for a bit eating then most people will get up move around, go outside etc

Post # 12
    1793 posts
    Buzzing bee

You can “fit 9 or 10 at those tables but it is NOT comfortable.  My last year end conference before I retired, the planners put 10 at a 60” table.  When we did the after action report the next morning (what went well, what didn’t go well) the overwhelming majority of attendees complained about how uncomfortable and cramped the tables were.  And they were!  It was awful.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors