(Closed) $600 down the toilet and only myself to blame. ugh!

posted 6 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
1988 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

*Hug*  I totally understand.  I stupidly hit a curb yesterday (I’ve never hit a curb before!)  Instant Flat.  I’m not looking forward to replacing it.

Post # 4
7609 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Bah!  Well start getting used to a chorus of, “I’m just glad you’re ok!”

Because I am.

But that still totally sucks.

Post # 6
11395 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

Don’t feel like an idiot it could have happened to anyone! I am just so glad you are okay & didn’t get hurt! 

So sorry you have to shell out money though. 🙁

Post # 7
768 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

meh…something similar to this happened to me/FI. We hit a curb turning into a gas station with our RV, rim broke, popped the tire and since it was an RV we had to go to a Semi Truck repair place to get it fixed. Worst part was we were already at our destination, typically Fiance would fix this himself but we didn’t have the right tools, so ended up paying 400 dollars to get it fixed. Sigh.

So I feel you – sorry you are out the $$, but at least no one got hurt 🙂

Post # 8
520 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Last winter, I had just replaced my bumper after my first car accident ever (not my fault, a lady decided to go straight in the turn lane to pass up those waiting to go through the stop sign). I was coming home, slowed down in the snow and ice to turn right, but apparently not enough. My car began to slide, I tried to turn it in the right direction, nothing was working, and BAM! right up on to the curb and my bumper was missing again. Damn. 

Post # 9
2433 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Ugh, I know how you feel. I always feel like such an idiot when I do something that ends up in a hefty repair fee. I think too many of us are just too hard on ourselves!

Post # 10
6998 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

omg! what a nightmare! i’m so sorry.

Last winter, my husband and I were coming back from his parents house (they live an hour away in a very small town in SC) if you are from the south you know how much snow and ice ruin our roads…we aren’t equipped for snow…which in turn causes HUGE pot holes. As we were leaving, we were heading out to the highway on a 2 lane road and hit a pothole and blew out the front and back tire on the passanger side – called his dad to come get us and his dad hits the pothole and blew his tire too – so we called a tow truck.. guess what….the tow truck hit the pothole too and blew its tire! they had to call another tow truck…

Post # 11
7609 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@MrsFuzzyFace: I’m going to post a couple of pics that might make you feel better, and even if they don’t, then at least you might get a laugh.  I just wanted to let you know, I have felt very dumb before, too.

This is my (old) car after I crashed it a few years ago.  My brother is a mechanic and he and his friends “painted” it for me while they were stripping it for parts at the shop, lol.  It was, of course, a write off!

Whoops. 🙂

Post # 13
2638 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2006

Spending money on car repairs is just painful. I feel for you!

Post # 15
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I busted 3 tires and bent one rim while turning into the bank at a whopping 5 mph lol. I felt like a complete jackass and got the “how in the hell did you do that” question from everyone. While fixing the car I left my cell phone on top of the car when I went with Darling Husband to get a new tire and an old lady called my dad to tell him she saw it and put it under the seat. I have yet to live this down.

The topic ‘$600 down the toilet and only myself to blame. ugh!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors