$6000 Wedding Budget in NYC…HELP!!!!

posted 3 years ago in DIY
Post # 2
1072 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Is the $6000 wedding budget just for the reception? Or are you also planning on also getting your dress, rings, etc. with that money?

Honestly, yes, I think that might be mission impossible unless you have a friend or family member who owns a big place you can use. With 150 people that gives you $40 a person for food and drink not including venue fees, flowers/decorations, marquee if you have it outside, chairs, crockery/cutlery/glass hire, music, etc. Are you open to having a cash bar and doing canapes and cake instead of a sit down meal?

You can get married in the city parks for cheap, but you won’t be allowed to have a sit down meal or to drink alcohol there.

Post # 4
822 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I don’t live in NYC, but I live in a city that has similar prices and I think it’s definitely doable especially since you don’t have to pay for catering! That’s a huge expense right there!

If you are willing to go to Jersey, this place rents for $3000is 

You also might consider this…

http://www.thedumboloft.com/ in Brooklyn. The price isn’t listed but it’s apprently very reasonable.

The other option would be doing a Sunday Brunch or a Friday night wedding. I would just look around- you’ll find something!

Post # 5
1701 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Asigedge:  have you try fire house and hall idk if you mind coming to jersey they have plenty of them they run about 300 to 600 for about 4 or 6 house they even let you bring liquor you will have plenty money left to make the place very nice you can even get married there in the same room a lot of people are doing this to save money 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors