Post # 1
I think this is literally all I have to do left. Besides have a kick ass time at my bachelorette party and shower
finish escort cards and seating arrangements
buy out of town bags and stuff with goodies (only 7 to make, haha)
put together my ridiculous programs and print cocktail menus
get rings appraised and insured
label about 70 water bottles for the ceremony
finalize recipe for signature cocktails
finalize BM gifts and parent gifts, wrap and make pretty. Write sweet thank you’s
shower thank yous
Figure out logistics/schedule for day of and make up to-do lists for FI so i can hand it off to him on the day of!
pick up license with FI, take rings in for cleaning and prong check
pick up cakes (on friday, lol)
strain/filter limoncello and bottle up for shower favors
find "the" shortbread/icing recipe to bag with them. Trial is tonight!
ensure ice, booze, and water bottles in ice chests arrive. They all have trucks so they get to transport stuff =]
It doesn’t look too shabby to me! He’s in GA so he gets an easier list, lol. He gets to help me deliver the OOT bags that Thursday too! Am I missing anything major? I doubt it
Post # 3
Wow, long list!
I’m doing a lot this weekend!
- Make place cards (friday)
- Hair & Make Up Trial (saturday)
- Finish parents & BM’s gifts (saturday)
- Meet with our DJ (sunday)
- Go to my BM’s dress fittings (tuesday)
- Print Programs
- Put our slideshow on CD (which I can’t figure out how to do!)
- Give out final head counts
Other than that it’s the bachelorette party, mani & pedi, hair cut, etc.!
AHHH finally it’s "coming up"!!
Post # 4
ANNND pack for honeymoon!
Oh and FI doesn’t have much of a list it mainly consists of:
Taking my ring to get engraved & practice smiling 🙂
Post # 5
Anybody else having stumps in the road now that it’s getting closer??!!
For me it’s been one thing after another!
- My "printable" place cards failed in actuality to be "printable"… they kept ripping apart and getting stuck in the printer! So I went and bought a calligraphy pen and the FMIL is going to write them.
- I got my girls necklaces awhile ago but their dresses just came in yesterday so I sneakily matched one up to it… and realized that they really didn’t match at all! I can’t return them because it’s been past 30 days!! So instead of getting them a gift card to the hair salon as well, I’ll be getting them another necklace to wear the day of :/
- Come to find out my Sony laptop does not allow to CD burning…so I had to have my father copy my file to his computer. Great! Now it’ll burn to a CD…wait, another problem, the CD will need to be in DVD format for the TV they have at our Venue. Sooo he is still working on that…
- The salon I’m doing my hair/make-up at is soo unorganized! I had my hair trial yesterday and was supposed to have my make up done as well… I set this up months ago. Come to find out the make up lady wasn’t there!! So I have to travel 40 minutes back on wednesday to get my make-up trial done. I was so frustrated yesterday when they told me that. I’ve had other issues with this place but figured it would get better when my wedding got closer. And now I’m way to late to switch salons now. I just hope my hair AND make-up ladies are there on the day of the wedding :/
I hope things don’t continue at this pace… it’s really stressful. I can’t wait till 6/20/09!
Post # 6
Oh no i have to do the CD thing too I think, once the DJ gets our list.
I stopped the DIY printing and took it to Office Depot for water labels, cocktail menus, etc. Whew. It was done so fast! And looks good