(Closed) 6.5 Months Away and I Am Overwhelmed!!!

posted 6 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
286 posts
Helper bee

@future_mrs_sommer:  YES. i am a huger DIYer! that isn’t the part that’s freaking me out though, its remember who and how much we have left to pay for our vendors! it’s exactly at the 6 month mark for me today! 🙂 AH. i have my dress but haven’t had my first dress fitting!

Post # 4
7609 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I have 6 WEEKS to go….if you think it’s scary now, haha!

The thing that helped me the most was making a HUGE giant list of all the things I had to get done and then breaking them up into months.  I had a February list, a March list…and so on.  That really helped me focus and figure out which things were more time sensitive than others.  It also helped me do things in the right sequence (eg. ceremony programs can only be made after meeting with the officiant again, etc.).

Post # 5
314 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

My advice is take it in strides. For me wedding planning came in lulls. There were weeks when I was constantly on the phone & internet researching, booking, confirming, ect. and then there were weeks when I didn’t have to do anything. As for the DIY- start and complete one project at a time. You will feel much better about your projects if you can focus on just 1 at a time and not looking at 5 half started semi finished projects. I would also advise, if possible, to host a DIY party with all the women in your bridal party. Order some pizzas and a (or a few) bottles of wine and knock out some projects. Any one can cut out things or do a simple running stitch or tie ribbons, ect. Take your time and “enjoy” the craziness that is wedding planning. Good luck! 

Post # 6
314 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I second Julipants (I am at less than a month..talk about crazy!). Make a huge list of everything you need to get done between now and the wedding and then prioritize he items on your list by weeks/months. It will definitly help you.

Post # 8
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I’m a fall bride too, and I completely understand feeling overwhelmed with all that you still have to do!!  I love doing things myself, but sometimes it’s overwhelming when you look at a massive to-do list!  I know that no one else will notice all of the little details, but I’m a perfectionist haha.

Sending good thoughts your way! 🙂

The topic ‘6.5 Months Away and I Am Overwhelmed!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors