(Closed) 68 Days Away and he hasn't asked his friends to be in the wedding!

posted 5 years ago in Grooms/men
  • poll: Would you nag him til he asks them to be in the wedding or would you take over and do it yourself?
    Make HIM do it! : (43 votes)
    90 %
    If you want something done, you've got to do it yourself! : (5 votes)
    10 %
  • Post # 3
    4688 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2013 - Upstate NY

Sigh. I totally know how you feel. My FI was similar- they just hate being told what to do (and I love telling people what to do)!! Explain your reasoning (in a non-naggiong way.. I know it’s hard) why he needs to book these guys asap. I’m sure they’ll say yes because theyre close, but that’s rude on his end to ask them last minute!

Post # 5
    5481 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2012

I didn’t vote because I would do neither of those things.  I’m not going to nag, and I’m not going to do it for him.  He can either get it done and have someone on his side, or he can slack off and be up there alone. 

Post # 6
    8981 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2012

My husband has tried to get ahold of his “to be” groomsmen (Right now he just has a best man) but they all seem to be MIA. Our formal wedding is in June.

We planned all this in, hum.. November? Oh well. I asked my girls day two, but then again I was easily able to get ahold of them. His groomsmen, not so much.

Post # 8
    3645 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2015

I would emphasise how rude these guys will find it if he leaves it any longer. If he says that “they won’t care” make a point that their mothers/girlfriends/wives will think it is rude and they will care. It’s a financial commitment to be in a wedding, they may need time to save! 

Post # 9
    12259 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2013

Maybe he only really wants the 1 GM?

Post # 10
    2049 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

@SweetMelissa429:  Ahhh guys are so annoying. I’m having a similar problem with FI regarding what his groomsmen are wearing.

I’d think of a different way to phrase the question and ask every couple of days:

“Has Groomsmen A rented his tux yet?”

“Does Groomsmen B know about the rehearsal dinner?”

“Have you figured out what you should get Groomsmen C for a groomsmen gift?”

“Have you invited your groomsmen to a guys lunch the day before the wedding” 

blah blah blah, it’ll seem less like nagging 🙂

Post # 12
    444 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

@DaneLady:  yep thats it. If you start doing it for them know they’ll always want you too. I didnt vote he needs to do this on his own. give him hints. I like th idea of asking him if he only wants his brother.

Post # 13
    1881 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

Yeah I would let him know that if he leaves it any longer they may not be able to be in the wedding, and how would he feel if that happened? Other than that, I’d leave it up to him.

Post # 14
    27 posts
    Newbee

@DaneLady:  LOL That is the best advice!! My wedding is awhile away but my FI is dragging his heels on everything, asking his GMs is his only job at the moment.  Well, he still won’t just get it over with. 

I tend to stress over things like this and DaneLady is right.  If he wants to stand up there alone because he won’t take the time to ask them, then let him.  🙂

The topic ‘68 Days Away and he hasn't asked his friends to be in the wedding!’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
    I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors