(Closed) 699 days and totally counting!

posted 6 years ago in February 2014
Post # 3
10454 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

Oh awesome another Canadian February 2014 bride! 

I’ve been waiting for this board to come up too haha!

I have picked out a possible excellent venue and I hear back from them tomorrow with the answers to some questions I had. Then I might go take a tour! I don’t know how early they book, but it would be nice to have the most important detail nailed down.

I am going dress shopping next week actually – I know it’s crazy early but my best friend and bridesmaid lives about 12 hours from me and we have this opportunity where both of us will be in the same city which just so happens to have the only store that carries an older Maggie Sottero sample (which I think I love) still in stock. Gotta try it on. 

I have come up with a million DIY decor ideas for center pieces and bouquets and what color linens I want to rent. I have found a place that has $2 for chair cover and sash, and then $10 for floor length tablecloth and table runner. It’s all DIY so it’s cheap. 

My wedding date is Friday February 14 and most of our guests are local so I don’t know it’s too big of an issue. The winter weather is probably more of a problem than anything else! We just had a huge snow dump here last week and highways were awful so hopefully that doesn’t happen on our day! Or near it!

Post # 4
10454 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@musicalrose:  Where is your DW?

Post # 6
10454 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@musicalrose:  

Yah Valentine’s day is our dating anniversary – we got engaged at Christmas and our birthdays are in the winter too so I wanted a winter wedding. And how perfect that it’s on a Friday! I’m all for wedding dates that have some previous significance. 

I would be itching to book something, sucks that you can’t until a year away. Most places here in Calgary I have seen are 18 months at least. This place (golf course) didn’t state a date so I’m hoping I can book sooner! I don’t want anyone to steal our date hehe. 

Not gonna lie, I’ve ordered some beads/crystals and silk flowers and things off of eBay so I can slowly start making stuff. How much DIY stuff do you think you will be able to bring with you? I considered destination wedding for a while but decided against it. I’m glad it’s at home now, even if it’s A little more expensive, because I can have fun doing unlimited projects!

How long have you two been together? Six years for us, getting married at eight. And we are both 24 right now.

Post # 8
10454 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Sounds promising that you guys won’t have any trouble booking where and when you want! When are you planning on dress shopping? I am most excited about that – went for a first trip this past weekend since my best friend from high school that I barely see was nearby for a visit!

Post # 10
10454 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

First shopping trip was so much fun – but I really did not like the dress I went to see! But I found another totally diffent one and I love love love it! Every time I see those pictures I took I love it more. I’m not going to order anything yet, and I would definitely go try it on again before I do. But right now I think it’s the one. I tried on almost every shape and style of dress and found the ones that do and don’t work for me. So it was an educational trip too! Here is the dress… it’s Enzoani Farlow.

I am pretty tall also – 6’1″, so tallness is great! I actually had a hard time narrowing it down because most of the dresses I tried on worked awesome with my height. 

It sounds like you would rock a mermaid or fit and flare style with a nice hourglass figure. The one I liked at first was fit and flare, but my boobs are smaller so it didn’t look right on me haha.

Post # 12
10454 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I picked black and white with hot pink. I got the idea because I first saw the Farlow with a black sash and I love it. I think I’ll do bridesmaids in black with pink bouquets, and groomsmen in black suit and pink ties. My fiancé obviously isn’t a fan of the girly hot pink, so it will just be accents here and there. I’ve started my centerpieces and just made a card box today actually. I just can’t stop myself haha, I’ll have this whole thing done by summer at this rate!

This is my idea of how the centerpieces will look. Ikea, eBay, Walmart and Michaels are my friends and in the end they should be about $350 for 20 tables.

Post # 13
10454 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Are you doing bright tropical colors for your DW? I’ve seem people getting married while I was on vacation before and it’s so bright and beautiful. The pictures will be gorgeous for sure!

Post # 15
4429 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@musicalrose:  we are aiming for feb 22 ; ) i wanted it to be cool out side im in florida so i hope its not hot. im just at a point of theres nothing more i can buy so early on ; ( all we can do now is save, save, save. i have bought a few things on EBAY and have saved us a ton of money i cant wait to go dress shopping at the end of the year for me and bridesmaids.

Post # 16
4429 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@musicalrose:  i want an inspiration board how can i get one please ; )

The topic ‘699 days and totally counting!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors