(Closed) 7-7-2012

posted 7 years ago in July 2012
Post # 3
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

My wedding is on aFriday July 6,2012 and at first, I was nervous about the whole prospect of Friday weddings but I got over that quick. The good thing is that a lot of people take that week off of work (if they have good vacation time ofcourse). Fourth of july lands on a wednesday next year as we all know so that may be to our advantage. People may take Thurs Fri off for a long weekend.

But in all reality, if the wedding invites are sent in a timely manner then people will set the time aside to go. If you have out of state people, then travel fees will ofcourse go up around 7/7 but also, the peak of summer is 7/28 so if you are worried about more heat and humidity (which is never guaranteed) 7/28 will def have that. Either way July has gorgeous summer weather!! Whatever you decide is still a great choice. Good luck

Post # 5
859 posts
Busy bee

@tjhasba34: Date Twin!! 4th of July never came into play with me as far as it being a ‘downside’ in choosing the date…. Like the PP mentioned… a lot of ppl will probably take off the remainder of the week anyways… I just look at it as a week of partying, lol….. Either way, I am glad that you finally chose your date… EXCITING RIGHT!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO YA AND CONGRATS!!!

Post # 6
66 posts
Worker bee

@tjhasba34:

we’re doing our date the same πŸ™‚

and part of that is the lake-surrounded town my mom lives in, holds all their drag boat races, HUGE fireworks off the bridge that they shut down, and all kinds of stuff, so our out of towners should be pretty well entertained! and we have street dances as well, so yea lol

Post # 8
1880 posts
Buzzing bee

Hi date twin!  I agree with the PPs.  I think a lot of people may have more incentive to take off that week and attend your wedding.  I choose the date because it was the earliest Saturday available in July at our venue in Jamaica.  We knew if waited until August we would have to deal with more hurricane weather.

Post # 9
85 posts
Worker bee

Hi all date twins! We’re doing 7/7/12 too! No specific reasons, just because we both love 7 and it happens to be a Saturday. Very interesting to hear you all are kind of corporating with the 4th of July. We’re not having the wedding in the States, so I don’t think it will do anything, but I still love our date! Oh and I have booked my venue.

Post # 10
5154 posts
Bee Keeper

@ditaaaaa: those are the same reasons we chose 7-7-12

OP- it never caused us to chose or not our date.. we really liked 7s and its on a saturday. I do feel that most of my guests don’t really celebrate july 4th and that it would be cheaper for my bridal party to fly on the day of the 4th as tkts are usually cheaper on a holiday as our rehersal is on the 5th πŸ™‚

Post # 11
95 posts
Worker bee

I think it will be the weekend before that most people are celebrating the 4th. We chose the 7th because my parents anniversary was July 7th and it just fit in our timing.

Post # 12
288 posts
Helper bee

7-7-12 was the date my FH chose. Our birthdays are 2-7-77 and 5-7-77 so, we decided to stay with 7’s our lucky number! My color scheme is goign to be red white and aqua for the 4th. My family is patriotic and it all just worked out in our favor. I’m sending out my STD’s in a few weeks because it is a holiday weekend and I want to make sure everyone has advance notice before they start booking summer vacations.

Post # 13
3 posts
Wannabee

We chose 7-7-12 because it will be my mom & dad’s 45th Wedding Anniversary, so thought we would do one big party!!

Post # 14
121 posts
Blushing bee

Hi date twins! Actually, we picked our date because of the significance that the number “7” has to both of us, so it made the date easy to remember. We (stupidly, I’ll admit) didn’t even realize that it was right around the 4th of July until much later. So far, everyone we’ve talked to says that they’ll be celebrating the 4th the weekend before because we gave them ample notice of our wedding date. Plus, I’m hoping it will be easier to take Thursday and Friday off of work with Wednesday already a “gimme”…as long as we request off enough ahead of time. πŸ™‚ 

Post # 15
277 posts
Helper bee

Hello!

We chose July 7th for 3 reasons:

1.) I’m a school teacher and really needed to have my wedding over the summer so I didn’t have to worry about taking off for the honeymoon.

2.) Our pastor and favorite venues were already booked June (I just got engaged in October so I’ve had a late start).

3.) We decided to have our wedding at Mount Vernon Inn so we thought a 4th of July theme would go well with their colonial and historical ambience (we will be doing sparklers too).

I am worried about hotel prices and the fact that DC is CRAZY busy during the 4th but like you said I’m hoping all that takes place the weekend before.

As an added bonus July 7th is a  Holiday for Tanzania / Kenya which is special to us because that is where we met.

Post # 16
85 posts
Worker bee

@specialk3782:  My parents anniversary is that day too, anniversary AND wedding twin!!!!!! At first I didn’t know if it was weird to have my wedding on my parent’s anniversary…. it just falls on the perfect day like you said… Saturday happens to be the 7th. If I mention the parents anniversary people look at me weird… I’ll just look at THEM weird.

The topic ‘7-7-2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors