(Closed) 7 Bridesmaids, 4 Groomsmen… HELP!

posted 5 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
298 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

have the groomsmen stand at the front with the groom and the BMs all walk alone down the aisle before you. or you can double up MOH with BM then 2 BM’s with each of the other groomsmen…i think it might be weird for his sisters if you make them “be groomsmen” just to even it out. 

Post # 4
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2013

i agree. thats the same advice i was gonna give. and if you think it will look odd while they stand at the alter with you guys you can have them sit during the ceremony and walk out together.

Post # 5
1473 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I had 6 BM’s and my husband had 8 Gm’s. We had the best man (my husbadns brother) walk his mother down the aisle and then the second GM in line walked my mother down. Then the 3 walked my grandmother and the 4th walked his grandmother. They all just took their places in front.

Then the remaining 4 GM’s walked on the side of the church to stand in line while my husband walked down the aisle himself.

Then as everyone was walking out fo the church, the last 2 BM’s doubled up. That was how it was when they introduced everyone into the reception as well. It went well adn I think it looked great!

Post # 6
2193 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I agree with PP.  For our reception (8 BMs, 7 GM) we had the married couples walk in together but had my 3 girlfriends walk in together and the 3 guys walk in together.  It just makes more sense.  No need to couple up strangers!

The topic ‘7 Bridesmaids, 4 Groomsmen… HELP!’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors