(Closed) 7 Days away and I feel like throwing up!!

posted 6 years ago in August 2012
Post # 4
2073 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I was the same way for about 3 weeks before our wedding.  I was literally throwing up every morning…almost at the same time every day.  My DH was so concerned I had to take a pregnancy test to assure him that it was just stress and that I wasn’t pregnant.

As far as keeping calm, maybe try yoga or massage or acupuncture/acupressure.  Or making lists and physically crossing things off so you can see what you’ve accomplished.  If you are really feeling sick to your stomach, there are a couple of over the counter anti-nausea medications you can get.  I had some on hand on the day of my wedding just in case.  

Honestly though, everything all comes together.  The day of our rehearsal, all of my nerves just vanished.  I passed off all my stuff to our wedding coordinators and it was literally out of my hands.  I was super calm and totally surprised.  Watching our video, I seriously couldn’t believe how mellow I was the whole morning.

It’s all worth it in the end.  Have a fantastic wedding day!

Post # 5
1231 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I was literally crazy maybe because i had a lot of stuff i procastinated with.  Our wedding was small and I know that helped my nerves a lot.  We are coming up on our first anniversay on the 16th.  I know one day it hit him and it was weird cuz he doesn’t usually get nervous.  Just think about how beautiful everyting you have done is going to look and how precious the day will be.  Take long hot baths, paint your toes, watch mindless tv…….  Congrats!  It’s gonna be great!  It rained an hour before we were to marry on the beach and exactly when I walked out the sun came out, beautiful. I drank a few glasses of wine before the ceremony and that helped me A LOT and I helped DH while we were saying our vows because he was nervous and holding back tears.  I was the rock for once!!  Oh I can’t wait to see your pictures!  I love my August brides!

Post # 6
746 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’m in the same boat as you!!! Today I got a massage, which was awesome! And tonight I stayed in any watched crappy shows on netflix (Make It or Break It, just in case you’re looking for a gymnastics-related guilty-pleasure tv show!)

Post # 7
912 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

My weddings next month and I’m starting to get nervous, LOTS of things are still not done. I try and have regular work outs, eat healthy, and go on dates with FI so things seem balanced. I also picked up a class schedule at Joann fabrics, I might try and do the crocheting just as a hobby while I wait 😉 everything will go well for your wedding, start making lists for people and maybe that will help ! 

Post # 8
550 posts
Busy bee

I just scheduled a massage for 2 days before the wedding.  Thank goodness for my MOH who gave me a spa certificate for that sole purpose!

Post # 9
1309 posts
Bumble bee

I would suggest any mindless task. Read an old favourite book, rewatch all the Sex and the city series, knit/crochet, listen to a good audiobook while taking a walk.

Post # 10
72 posts
Worker bee

No real suggestions… But we are getting married on the same day!!!!

The topic ‘7 Days away and I feel like throwing up!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors