(Closed) 7 Days Late

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
571 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Did you by any chance recently get off BCP? Do you chart? Wondering when you ovulated–maybe it was late this cycle.

Edit: just saw your prior post. Sorry you’re having problems… Did you have a clear temp shift after O? 

Post # 4
333 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

if it were an ectopic, you would have had a positive preg test. Could it be stress related? My cycles get crazy when I have too much on my plate. 

Post # 5
1500 posts
Bumble bee

You didn’t ovulate when you thought you did, then. Unless you’re charting, you don’t know if you’re late or just ovulated late. Most likely you just ovulated later than you normally do and so your period will be later. If you’re getting negative tests you aren’t pregnant. Being 7 or 8 days late is not a reason to go to the doctor. If you go 60 days without having a period or a positive pregnancy test they can induce your period with provera and start your cycle over, but until then a trip to the doctor isn’t really necessary. Sometimes our bodies (even if they are extremely regular) just ovulate later for whatever reason (stress, sickness, just because) and it can really throw us off. 

Post # 6
1132 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

Are you usually regular?

Since I went off BC in April, my cycles ranged between 23 and 49 days. Drove me up a wall! If you’re usually like clockwork, I’d schedule an appointment. If not, try charting so you can get a better idea of when you ovulate and when to expect your period!

Post # 7
2450 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

have you had alot of stress or anything big happening during this cycle? it can delay your ovulation (which would delay your period).

Post # 8
4574 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@June232012:  stress can always cause that and if you o’ed late then that could be too

Post # 9
4284 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Stress can be a factor. But if you are concerned I wouldn’t discourage going to the doctor. Being I am not one, discouranging it wouldn’t be wise.

Post # 10
1572 posts
Bumble bee

Before I got pregnant (and before I was ttc) sometimes my period would just randomly be a few days to a week late, but nothing was diagnosably wrong, just a wonky month. As others have said, stress can be a factor. But I wouldn’t necessarily count out being pregnant till you get your period because I know some women who it took till like 2 weeks after their period was late that they got a bfp, but that isn’t the usual. A dr can do a blood test to make sure.

The topic ‘7 Days Late’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors