7 Days late, negative test? Anyone get a positive after negative this late?

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 2
1164 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

starfish0116:  It’s definitely possible. Are you using FRERs with FMU? FX you get a BFP soon!!

Post # 4
1164 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

starfish0116:  Do you know when you ovulated? You may have ovulated later than usual causing everything (BFP or AF) to be pushed back. It seems like lots of people with perfect cycles end up getting some crazy ones as soon as they are TTC. For me, I would try the FRER. But maybe wait a couple days first just to be sure AF hasn’t arrived. 

Post # 5
886 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

starfish0116:  I experienced similar situation in February. After my mc in Sept my cycles were religously 30/31 days. When the 31 day came and no AF I tested and it was neg. I continued testing and nada. On cd35 I called my drs office. They advised that I keep testing and if by cd45 I still had no AF and neg tests to come in. The morning of cd41 (10 days late) something told me to test and I got a faint BFP. I went to the dr that same day to get my betas checked. I was indeed pregnant and am currently 28w. I must’ve ovulated way late that cycle. It’s possible just keep testing! And FYI I didn’t have any symptoms this time until the 6.5-7 week mark. Good luck FX!

Post # 6
3558 posts
Sugar bee

I didn’t get my positive until I was 18 days late. I ovulated late which meant I got pregnant later in my cycle. Due to the stress of finishing up college i was less concerned about my period and didn’t realize I was so late until my now husband brought it up.  By the time I got a positive, I was about 5 weeks pregnant, so sometimes you can’t trust the tests.  I would always test in the morning too.

Post # 8
3558 posts
Sugar bee

Have you been having regular unprotected sex?  The only reason why I ask, is this most recent period, I ended up being nearly 3 weeks late again (just like when I was actually pregnant) and it turns out I just had a delayed period from being sick.  So that’s the only reason why I’m asking.

Post # 9
940 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I haven’t tested ever (first month TTC right now), but I know that high levels of physical activity have pushed my cycles back.  I was a week to ten days late every marathon I ran (5 of them…so enough data points to judge).  I’m sure any physical stress can take its toll. 

Post # 10
907 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I would definitely get an FRER and test again with FMU in a day or two. The Clear Blue digital did not give me a positive result until 3 days after my positive FRER so I’d say it’s worth a shot! I have my fingers crossed for you!

Post # 11
7098 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

I would test with a FRER and FMU.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors