(Closed) 7 days left before marriage and I need some help with some doubts

posted 7 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Are these doubts just coming up now because the wedding is so soon? Or have you had them all along?

Post # 5
4313 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

If you are not on the same page about finances now, it isn’t magically going to go away once you’re married.  Something as big as that needs to be hammered out beforehand, especially with children involved.  I would at least postpone until you can have an honest conversation about it.  If you don’t, it will come back to haunt you, guaranteed.

Post # 6
138 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I think you just need to take a deep breath and let it all go for a minute! You described a lot of good things about her. So what if she’s a little high maintenaince, and a lot of her current income is going to be cut off over the next two years, but half of that would have happened whether or not you were in the picture. If bills are tight, you guys will go over the budget together and decide what to spend on. Maybe she needs to find a job that pays a little more (400 every two weeks is not even 10,000 a year, how can anyone expect to live on that!?)She doesn’t sound like she’s spending money unreasonably, and i’m sure she’ll understand your budgeting since you’ve been through bankruptcy in the past.

Let her know you’d like her to be a little more involved with your son and plan more outings that are phone free!

These doubts don’t sound like things that will make the marriage fail. Just last minute jitters.

Gooooooooooood luck this weekend!

Post # 7
4024 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

It seems to me that you are just jittery since the wedding is so close, and you had one marriage that didn’t work out. I would talk to her about it and how you are feeling and see if you can talk about the things that upset you.

Post # 8
194 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@ariel: Just saying… We make $400 every two weeks, and we’re living. It’s possible, just hard.

The topic ‘7 days left before marriage and I need some help with some doubts’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors