(Closed) 7 for all mankind

posted 7 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
536 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

I find that they run pretty true to size.  Have you ever tried them on?  You might want to go somewhere that carries them before you order.

Post # 5
827 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

You should really try them on.  They’re great jeans, but seriously every pair, even in the same cut, can fit differently.  They last a long time, but it’s really worth trying them on.  Also, know that when you try them on, you want them snug because they do tend to get stretched out.

Post # 6
2214 posts
Buzzing bee

Well I wear an 8/10, and usually get a 30 or 31 in 7 jeans, so 32 seems right for a size 12.  But PP are right too. Just because one style fits you in a 32 doesn’t mean another will. (which is my only problem with 7 jeans. Other than that, they’re my favorite and last forever)

Post # 7
183 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

7’s fit weird i think…and best bet is to try them on before ordering them.

They may fit over the rump, but then i have way to big in the wasit, with it tight in the tush.

I like citizens alot!!! Try those too! or AG jeans 🙂 very forgiving in sizing too 

Post # 9
183 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

sometimes TJ maxx sells them in their designer shop! The go for about $100/pop.
So much discounted then retail/current styles as if in nordstroms or any other dept store. 

Post # 10
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I’ve definitely seen them at TJ Maxx and Marshalls

Post # 11
1820 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

The 7 sizes correspond to your waist size, so just measure your waist and go from there.  I find that they are really true to size (i.e. the measurement of my waist is the same as the size I buy).  If you buy them from Nordstrom, they have a great return policy, so you could get a 32 and a 31/33 and see which fits better.  They are really long, so keep that in mind.  I have 2 pairs – one that is hemmed for flats, and one that I can only wear with boots/heels. 

One important note:  7s stretch A LOT.  I can only wear them 2-3x before they need to be washed so they can shrink up a little.  Remember that when you try them on – they should feel tighter than is ideal when you first put them on.  Don’t worry – they stretch out fast.  If you are unsure about 7s, you might want to chekc out Citizens as well.  I have a few pairs of 7s that I am just eh about, but I could not live without my Citizens.

Post # 12
7771 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I have some 32s that are larger than others.  I have a 30 in 7s that fit better than a 32 in another style of 7s.  If it is a good deal, go for it- but it is always best to try them on :/

Post # 13
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

I REALLY depends on the cut. I wear a 12 in gap jeans, banana republic pants, etc.

I have seven jeans that fit great in 30s, 31s, and 32s and I’ve tried on seven jeans in 32s that I can’t even get over my thighs.

So they are a jean you really have to try on.

The topic ‘7 for all mankind’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors