(Closed) 7 months later and I get probably my favorite Wedding Gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted 6 years ago in Married Life
Post # 3
297 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

That’s amazing! I have 2 quilts my deceased mother made. It’s such an honor to be the recipient of such a thoughtful and labor of love gift. I’m excited for you! Post pics when you get it, if you don’t mind!!!

Post # 4
7339 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@runsyellowlites: That is such a great gift! My grandma (mom’s side) was the quilt maker in the family, sometimes I wish she was still here because I know she would have made me one for the wedding. That is a keepsake that you will have forever, so beautiful! Post pics when you get it ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
6394 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

That’s so awesome! You’ll have to post pics when you pick it up!

Post # 6
7293 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Aww what a blessing!
I love quilts, they are seriously like an heirloom! I bet it will be beautiful and remind you of her often! Post some pics if you get it today ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 7
786 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Thats awesome!!! That will mean more to you than anything else!! and you get to keep that FOREVER!! You could even hand it down to your kids! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 8
11325 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

Thats awesome! Definitely post pics when you get it. I am a quilter and I love giving quilts as gifts because I think they’re beautiful and comfortable and you can really tell how much work someone put into your gift. One of my favorite wedding gifts was actually a quilt from a couple of sisters who attend the church I grew up in. 

Post # 9
7779 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Awesome! My mother had a quilt made for Darling Husband and I and gave it to me at my bridal shower. It has our names and wedding date embroidered on the corner. I cried when I unwrapped it.

That’s such an amazing, thoughtful gift!

Post # 12
2299 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

How sweet:) My aunt made my dh and I a quilt for our wedding and it’s beautiful! It’s always at the foot of our bed.

Post # 13
1137 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

The homemade gifts are the best! Well usually..

We received a picture of flowers with our name and wedding dates – all handsewn. Not typically our style, but we love it because it was handmade by DH’s relative (great aunt).

My Grandmother gave us a blanket she crocheted. It’s more of an afghan and looks like something you’d use in a wheelchair. At least she did it in colors that match our house! No idea what I’ll do with it, and I really don’t talk to her (family issues), but I will cherish it because she made it and I do have some decent memories of her.

Enjoy that quilt! You should post a picture once you get it ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 14
736 posts
Busy bee

That’s really a cool gift. My mom is a quilter. Not everyone realizes how much work goes into them. I have a much bigger appreciation for quilts since my mom started quilting.

Post # 16
1542 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I love the color. It’s so meaningfull to have something made by a family member, and quilts are timeless.

The topic ‘7 months later and I get probably my favorite Wedding Gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors