(Closed) 7 months without freaking … I think I’m allowed to now?!?

posted 7 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@peacheslea: {Hugs} to you, peaches! I hear you & really feel for you. I think you’ve been great holding it together so long & it’s important to give yourself permission to freak out when the circumstances warrant it… we’re only human, after all! After going through several freak-outs myself, I know it won’t last forever, you’ll pick yourself up again… and after you’re married, you’ll have some great stories to tell 🙂 It will work itself out, I really believe that.

Okay, here’s what I’m trying not to freak out about – and they’re strangely similar to yours! –

1) That volcano – FI’s family are due to fly out of Denmark on the 12th. I know that’s a fair way away, but still… I’m just really, truly, hoping they make it out of there. That’s FI’s parents, his best man, and two of our flowergirls…

2) My dress – my tailor is way behind time and she got my departure date wrong (yep, we’re having a long-distance wedding too!). So she still needs to finish my dress, and the bridesmaids’ dresses, and my mother’s, and the flowergirls…

Argh! … I guess 3) is yet to come!!!

Post # 5
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@peacheslea:

Firstly, yay for that volcano calming down!

Secondly, yay for your MOH’s dress making a move! I wouldn’t worry about the alterations – I was in the same position (as the long-distance bridesmaid) last year and could not arrive till two days before the wedding. Alterations were done in no time at all and were not a problem!

Thirdly, all this drama will just make the day even more amazing and enjoyable in the end! 🙂

The topic ‘7 months without freaking … I think I’m allowed to now?!?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors