(Closed) 7 Year Itch?

posted 7 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

So sorry to hear this, I have been with my fiance for 8 years and are getting married December this year. I have never experienced what you are feeling but I do think you should stick together and talk this through. If your both in stressful situations you need to support one another. Even if you talk to your Fiance and explain you want a fresh start. Your getting close to your wedding day and you should feel light and content in your relationship. If you still feel like your growing apart, reasses the situation. There is no use getting married if your already annoyed with your partner. Take care sweety. 

Post # 4
374 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

i’m hitting 7 years this week! you’ll be ok, everyone gets annoyed with people they’re close with. have a nice alone night with him and maybe do something that will excite you both in some way or surprise him with something he likes. it becomes a challenge after a long time together but relationships need work! 

Post # 5
3639 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

@PollyPlanner: Do you live together? If so, my mother explains the 7 year itch thusly:

The 7 year itch happens because everything that you got when you first married/moved in together starts to get worn. Towels needs replacing, electrical stuff breaks down, cups and bowls have been broken. Basically things get worn and don’t feel new and the stress of buying replacements can put a strain on the relationship. Her tip to avoid it was to buy things as backup throughout the 7 years whenever they were on sale.

In this case, just openly discuss it with your Fiance. Wedding planning can be stressful and make you feel distant because often the women is doing a lot of it by herself and so you feel like you are in different places. Have a night where you don’t talk about the following:

1) Work/School

2) Money

3) Kids (if you have them)

4) Wedding 

Have a fun date night were you talk about books and movies and current events like you would have before you became a unit who had to work on things together.

I hope that this helps, if nothing else – talk to him about it! 

Post # 6
1629 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

We’re working on our 8th year together and can’t say I’ve ever felt that way. Having been together so long already, hopefully you are comfortable enough to come straight out and tell him you need more support! And maybe a nice bouquet of flowers.

Post # 7
491 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

We hit the 8 year mark yesterday actually.  I don’t think we experienced anything like a 7 year itch, but we’ve certainly hit stressful patches while we’re busy with work and everything else and spend almost no time working on our relationship.  Have you tried setting a weekend away for just the two of you? go on a day trip, or see a movie, or even stay home and spend the weekend catching up or doing things you WANT to do instead of things you HAVE to do.  Don’t discuss work or school or money or anything else stressful, then see how you feel.  If you’re having doubts, does he know this? Perhaps an honest discussion would be beneficial, if the weekend doesn’t work.  You’d rather not end up in divorce because you didn’t listen to your instincts.

Post # 8
2459 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

We hit a massive 9 year itch, last year so I guess its diff for everyone.

Post # 9
1636 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I have been married going on 18 years now.  I think its only natural.  there are times when I feel soooo different from him.  I feel that we go our sepearate ways but we always seem to have eachother.  Sometimes I even think about leaving.  But I remember that this too shall pass. 

Then there are the other itmes, when I want to be around him all the time.

I think that is why its so important to like who you are with because falling in and out of love is going to happen over the years, at least it has for me.  All in all though, he treats me like a queen, I am thankful to have him, and at the end of the day…  When I think about the good things, even at hte times when he is driving me nuts LOL…  I don’t wanna be with anyone else, and i certainly don’t wanna see him with anyone else. 

I think funks are normal, so just allow them to run their course, but just remember this is your husband for better or worse, the “funks” are the part of the worse.

The topic ‘7 Year Itch?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors