70+ day cycles

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
375 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I can commiserate, but dont really have any advise. I am on day 76! Though this is my first cycle off the pill. I have been taking my basal body temp and charting it on fertility friend, so I know I haven’t even ovulated yet. I posted on their forums for the first time today and all the women were like, “Uh, ya, go to the doctor already”. So I made an appointment for the friday after x-mas. I think they start with a physical and pelvic exam, basic bloodwork and probably a pelvic ultrasound exam. From what I can find, polycystic ovary sydrome seems to be the most common cause for long irregular cycles. Do you have any signs that jive with that? I don’t really, but who knows?  I’m 33, so I don’t feel like I have alot of time to waste. I hope we both find out what the problem is. Good luck and keep us posted : )

Post # 4
2243 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

It may take a couple more months for your body to get back into its groove after the pill.I wouldn’t worry yet but definitely keep track & consider charting, to see if you’re ovulating or if your periods are just break-through bleeding.

Just a few things to consider: If your doctor suggests putting you back on the pill to “reset” your cycle – don’t do it. Its just delaying the problem. A lot of bees that had consistently long cycles (past 90 days) saw improvement after working with their naturopath.

I hope this helps & your body gets back on track soon!

Post # 7
9137 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@sara79:  Off birth control I rotate between a 30+ day cycle and a 60+ day cycle.  I had no trouble getting pregnant; in fact, my body ovulated super early one cycle when we were charting to avoid and we ended up pregnant from that one time.  It’s good that your doctor seems aware and proactive.

Post # 9
1526 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@sara79:  I’ve had an average of 48 day cycles since coming off the pill in June. I go through alot of OPKs.  LOL.  My SIL didnt get a period for 3 months after coming off the pill – but she was also underweight.  As soon as she started eating more and stopped running she got her period and started having regular cycles. Shes currently pregnant with baby #2!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors