(Closed) 70/30 rule

posted 7 years ago in September 2011
Post # 3
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Yes that is what I heard, and supposely out of the ones said they are comming like 5% just don’t show up. But you never know, I heard a lot of stories when the couple invite more people thinking 30% will reply no, but get only 10% of the guest list with no’s, which can cause issues with the size of the venue or blow the budget.

I think your best bet is to just wait for your RSVP’s to come in.

Post # 4
994 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’ve heard 20% from a few wedding planners/venue coordinators, but you just never know. 

Post # 5
3049 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 1991

70% of my guest list showed up. I think it’s a pretty good rule. But you can’t bank on it. You never know which people will just decide to come either way!

Post # 6
633 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

We invited close to 150 and had 54 attend, but it was a destination wedding so I think that played into the lower number. I do believe the 70/30 ratio is correct for estimating.

If you’re worried about budget be very stern about your RSVPs from the get go because that was the worst part for me. Most didn’t even RSVP and I had to call around. My guest list changed all the way up to 2 weeks prior to the actual wedding date. Be prepared to call around if you need to have exact numbers. Also remember that just like anything in life people’s plans change, so expect to be slightly flexible with your plate count as well.

Post # 7
1988 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I think it depends on who you are inviting.  I’m expecting 99 percent of who we invite to come but that’s because we are inviting family and close friends only.

Post # 8
3176 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

It depends on your situation. We had a 50/50 turnout. Invited a little over 200 people and had a little over 100 show up. That said ours was semi-destination so a lot of necessary-to-invite people we knew wouldnt come.

Post # 9
2742 posts
Sugar bee

I invited about 250 people. 210 RSVP’d yes. 205 or thereabouts showed up. I had folks from Africa, NYC, MD, LA etc show up. Many of them were family members and close friends so I knew they would come. I didn’t over invite because my venue’s capacity was very tight and didn’t want to risk it. Anyhow, that was my experience. 

The topic ‘70/30 rule’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors