(Closed) .75 vs. 1 ct moissanite?! Need Help!

posted 5 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Which stone size for my moissanite ring?
    .66 ct (5.5mm) : (7 votes)
    9 %
    .75 ct (6mm) : (18 votes)
    23 %
    1 ct (6.5mm) : (52 votes)
    68 %
  • Post # 3
    Hostess
    3000 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

go with the 1ct.  I think there is a big jump in size from a .66 and a 1ct especially with a round stone.  What is the price difference between the .66 and 1ct?  I’m assuming this moissy will be your forever stone so why not splurge!  You will probably also get “shrinkage” just like when you get a big tv.  It looks HUGE at first but then it tends to not look so big afterall, lol!  1ct on a size 5 is not too big IMO

Post # 4
    3063 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

My husband and I had the same arrangement as you and your fiance! When I first started talking about engagement rings I said I wanted the 1 ct, but at the last minute decided to upgrade to the 1.25 and I paid the difference. No shame in that! Your finances will be pretty much mingled together soon anyway! Smile

I know you’ve seen my solitaire so I won’t post that, but here are some photos I was able to find that will hopefully help you in your decision. My vote is for the 1 ct! Regardless though, it’s going to be gooorgeous

.72 on size 5:

.78 size 5.5:

1 ct size 5:

1 ct size 5.25:

Post # 6
    9234 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

Go for 1 carat!  Why not?  It can’t be TOO much more money, and it’ll make a lot of difference in finger coverage.  I don’t think 1 carat would be considered too big by many people.  (Not being snobby here, my center stone is 0.7 – 1 carat looks really nice, not too big.)

Post # 7
    1064 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

I think 1ct is the perfect balance–it’s a decently sized stone, but it’s not so large that people are looking at it and thinking “wow, that’s really big!”  I also originally thought it was a little big–my mom’s ring is .8, and I never imagined having a larger stone than hers, but I’ve gotten used to it, and it’s perfect.

Post # 8
    1081 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

1ct center stone, .5 total for the side stones on the E-ring. I don’t remember the carat weight for my enhancer wedding band??

I think size 6? But I have large knuckles…

Post # 9
    204 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I have the 0.66 ct. moissanite. It’s a nice size and I think it’s perfect for an everyday ring (I’ve had it for over 2 years and i still really like it). Size 6 finger:

Post # 11
    852 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

Go for the 1 ct. The “shrinkage” factor is real – lol – I experienced it myself. I also put some money towards my ring and it was no big deal to me 🙂

Post # 13
    5405 posts
    Bee Keeper

I would go with 1 carat since we’re not talking the price difference between diamond at .66 and 1 carat–it’s pretty small. Diamonds often have upgrade policies so that you can eventually get a larger stone while using the original value of your current one, but I don’t know of any such similar policy for moissanite. If you wanted to upgrade, you would be out the cost of your original moissanite. I personally would pay the difference now, but I also like bigger bling!

Post # 14
    582 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Go for the 1 carat! I have a .75 (diamond) and have a size 6 finger, but I wish it was a 1ct. 

I’m sure you’ll love it!

Post # 15
    582 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Go for the 1 carat! I have a .75 (diamond) and have a size 6 finger, but I wish it was a 1ct. 

I’m sure you’ll love it!

Post # 16
    3402 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

The price difference between the 1ct and .66ct is so small that I don’t see the reason at all not to got for the 1ct. It’s crazy how much shrinkage sets in. I have a 3ct OEC moissanite and there are still days when I don’t think it looks all that big!

The topic ‘.75 vs. 1 ct moissanite?! Need Help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors