.75/6mm moissanite need enhancing?

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
511 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I have this size moissanite. If you had asked me before I bought it if it needed to be enhanced, I would have said “no”, because at the shop enhanced and unenhanced looked very similar. After owning it for a while, however, I am considering upgrading down the track because it does get tinged with green or yellow in certain lights and that bugs me. But it really depends on how color-sensitive you are. (Older moissanite might have more of a color problem too – I’m still not sure if the jeweler I used sold me an older version.)

Post # 5
3487 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

If you weren’t color sensitive, I’d say you could get away with unenhanced.  Since you are, I would spring the extra $ for the Forever Brilliant.

Post # 6
3112 posts
Sugar bee

@Pang27:  I have a 7mm unenhanced and I love it!  It almost never shows any color at all.  I am very glad I did not enhance.

Post # 7
131 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@ceebree:  I totally wish I could see your stone in person!  I see color in my 7mm forever brilliant all the time (mostly in the car and in indirect sunlight) and I wonder if somehow mine shows more color than yours, or if I am truly just color-sensitive.  I hope someday I can meet someone who has one and see an unenhanced in person without having to order one just to see!

Post # 10
3112 posts
Sugar bee

@Pang27:  Aww, thanks!  We can’t wait to see pics of yours!

@yellow15rose:  I know what you mean!  We need to have a Bee convention and look at all these rings in person! 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors