(Closed) .8 and .9ct round stone, please post pics:)

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
7312 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

Unless it’s a perfect stone or the side diamonds are high in TCW, $9k is overpriced for the ring.

.94 with .15 side stones on an 8.25 finger

Post # 4
1108 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

$9k? That seems slightly over-priced. What are the specs on it? Have you gone to bluenile to compare the diamond quality to other similar diamonds? I really need to get a better picture (this is from just after I got engaged) but I am a siz 6.5.

Post # 5
8042 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

@Excited To Bee:  +1, you could find something that is still really good quality for way less than $9K on Blue Nile.

Post # 7
7312 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

@loveislife:  For those specs that is a total ripoff

Post # 10
5405 posts
Bee Keeper

If you’re hesitant to buy online, try James Allen (free shipping both ways if you don’t like it), whiteflash, or Brian Gavin diamonds. All of these vendors have actual pictures of their diamonds online. Buying from blue nile is too difficult IMO because you really need to see a diamond. What I would recommend is going to pricescope and starting a thread in RockyTalk with your budget. There are experts there who will help you find something that’s a much better deal!

Post # 11
3263 posts
Sugar bee

Here is my .9 round solitaire, and my ring is size 4 3/4. I agree with everyone else, $9000 sounds overpriced.

Post # 12
1108 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@loveislife:  This is a great site/tool to use when buying a round diamond, esp. online. I can personally testify and say that it works, I had the option of buying a 1ct E color, VS2, ideal cust, triple excellent, for ($2k more) but I noticed it wasnt very shiny.. so I put it in the calculator and it did not perform well. My diamond is a .91ct, F color, SI1, very good cut, mix of excellent and very good, and is within the top 1-2% of diamonds basd off the way the diamond reflects light. I know it may seem odd, but its a pretty cool tool. I am ridiculous, and before I buy anything I research the heck out of stuff. I probably spent 20+ hrs researching diamonds/settings/etc.

Post # 13
3265 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

Wow. I have a .7…something, over .75 I think, IF, Ideal cut, I color (love that you can’t see any warmth though due to the fluorescence) and it cost my FI less than 3 grand, just over 4k with my platinum pave band. You should not be paying 9k for those specs.

Post # 15
446 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@loveislife:  Good that you asked!  Yes, 9k is way too much to spend on that ring.  Brick & mortar (companies with stores) generally have more of a markup than an online store because they have overhead to pay for.  For comparison, we are having a custom ring made with a double halo and pave band, .9 round center that is a Triple Excellent diamond, E color, VS2 clarity.  It will cost closer to $8k.

My finger size is 5.5 and I feel quite comfortable with a carat on it.  I think .9 will look gorgeous on.

The topic ‘.8 and .9ct round stone, please post pics:)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors