(Closed) 8 Candles & A Unity Candle?

posted 10 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
296 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2008

Generally (at least in the unity candle ceremonies I’ve seen) the MOB and the MOG light the candle for their child. Then the children take those candles and light the single unity candle. It represents the coming together of the two families and two life journey’s to create on family, one flame. I figure you know that but figured it would help explain an alternative. It seems like this might be difficult to do with multiple candles. However, a sand ceremony might be a great alternative for you guys. Each parent could bring a container of sand. You mother and husband and your father and wife could come up and pour their sand into a container representing you. Same thing for your FI’s family. Then the two of you could take that sand and pour it into a single container. It could help you incorporate everyone and let everyone contribute. Plus, it really signifies the blending of so many people. Good luck!!

Post # 4
38 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2008

I have also heard that the mother’s light the side candle.  Maybe give out roses to each set of parents to make them all feel special and included?  Just an idea that I have seen work before in addition to the unity candle. 

I also like the sand idea from above as well, great idea. 

The topic ‘8 Candles & A Unity Candle?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors