(Closed) 8 days late, BFN, is there any chance still?

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
616 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I am by no means an expert, but I would guess that you are not pregnant.  I would think that if you are eight days late, your test results would be very accurate.  Maybe your cycle is just off this month?  Did you just come off of BC?

Post # 4
8044 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

@chelseaRichard:  I have no idea what any of your 3 acronyms mean lol. This may sound dumb, but take a pregnancy test if you’re not sure?

Post # 5
1820 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

How do you know that you are 8 days late?  How long have you been off the pill?

Post # 6
2815 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Were you on birthdontrol prior to TTC?

At 8 days after your period you should really be getting an accurate test result.

There are rare cases where some women dont get BFP’s during pregnancy, but more likely your cycle is off for one reason or another.

Post # 7
607 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

It sounds like you ovulated late this month (if you did ovulate, but no reason to think you didn’t). I think all you can do is wait for AF and take a test every few days to check. 

From your question, I am assuming you aren’t charting temps or other fertility signs, right? And you are late based on your normal cycle length? 

Post # 8
1652 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Perhaps if you O’d later than you thought, then you could be pregnant but not as many dpo as you think hence negative tests still. Hope you are!x

Post # 9
1272 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I hope so for your sake 🙂 but the others have asked good questions… have you been tracking your regular cycle, or are you working off a ‘usual’ 28 day cycle? If so, not many of us have them!! Have you come off the pill recently? If so, you might just be regulating.

Unfortunately, it seems as soon as we start TTC, we suddenly become aware of every twinge, cramp and mood swing 🙂 It’s all part of the ‘fun’… good luck!

The topic ‘8 days late, BFN, is there any chance still?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors