(Closed) 8 months on my wedding date?!

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
1032 posts
Bumble bee

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is so exciting!

About the decorations, maybe you could sell them online? Then you could get money back to buy more appropriately themed decor.

Post # 5
6893 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

Congrats!! I’ve thought about this, as we’ve got a longggg way before our date. haha. I would either do as PP suggested, or maybe push it back two months? To November? I don’t know if it would be weird for you to have a 1 month old child at your wedding or not, but it is another option.

Post # 7
6893 posts
Busy Beekeeper

It all depends on if you want to get married pregnant and work with the dress stuff and maybe change themes, or if you want to have your new baby there. I think after 1 month it’s okay to have them out in public more right? (I am totally not an expert.)

Post # 9
4480 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2010 - Calamigos Ranch

I’d move up the wedding, sell the decorations, and start over! I like the sunflowers idea? If you like the fall theme… baby’s first birthday party! 😉

Post # 10
1124 posts
Bumble bee

I think you could still have apples and pumpkins at a summer wedding – just mix in some more fruits and vegetables. A bit like a “farm” theme more than a “fall” theme. I doubt anyone would be sitting at your wedding thinking “OMG PUMPKINS?! IN SUMMER?!”. Finishing planning a wedding with newborn could be extremely stressful – but if you can handle it, also a good idea.

Post # 11
6893 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Ooh that would work! A “farm” theme like SBourgeous: just said. It could totally work. Do you have a dress yet that will have to be tweaked? Because if you do….they totally made it work on Say Yes to the Dress a few weeks ago! 🙂

Post # 12
3167 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I was feeling nauseous and threw up this morning and had the same thought since I got to see my LDR bf last week! :0

i’d probably want to postpone it rather than move it up, i don’t know though!

Post # 15
2538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Congrats! Personally, I love pregnant brides, so I vote keep everything the same. When I was pregnant with Moose, we debated getting married while I was 8 months, but realized that it’d be hard for our siblings to be there. However, if you do want to move it, I like the farm theme.

Post # 16
1124 posts
Bumble bee

@portersl: Aw thanks! You could even do fruit/vegetable themed tables. Like a lemon table with yellow ribbon and napkins, a green apple table with green ribbon and napkins, etc. Instead of cake, fruit pie! Lol, it just depends how far you’d want to go with it… but seriously, I think it would be so cute!

The topic ‘8 months on my wedding date?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors