Post # 1
8 more months!! WOOT! Im so excited and cant wait to get married! Here is another post… what have you gotten done so far now?
Here is what I have done so far:
1.Have wedding dress, veil, garter, and headband.
2. Have my bouquet(we are using silk flowers for me and my bridesmaids bouquets and real for boutineers)
3. Booked Photographer
4. Have colors and bridesmaid dresses picked out
5. Booked ceremony and reception hall (my reception includes: wedding cake, dj, open bar, food, and police)
6. Picked out all the bridesmaid gifts… just have to purchase them.
7. Have our officiant.
8. Have our bridal party picked out.
9. Have my fiances wedding gift picked out (Boudior session 🙂 )
I cant remember what else haha…
Here is what I will be doing for the next month:
1. Book videographer
2. Buy my jewelry and shoes
I think thats it for this month.
Post # 3
I’m an April bride too. So far we have:
- Booked the venue
- Booked a photographer
- Booked a videographer
- Booked a celebrant (and started writing our ceremony)
- Chosen our bridal parties (two bridesmaids, one best man, one groomsman, three ushers, three flowergirls and one page boy)
- Booked our band
- Booked our DJ
- Booked fireworks
- Booked our caterers
- Roped people in to help me DIY our cake
- Bought my shoes and almost finished strassing them
- Booked a dressmaker to do my dress and the bridesmaid dresses
- Paid the deposit on my fiance’s bespoke kilt suit
- Had a friend’s mum offer to do all our flowers
- Bought my mum’s outfit
- Roped family and friends in to play the bagpipes, do our invitations, play the piano, do cocktail magic, entertain kids during speeches and play the ukulele during our ceremony.
- Chosen flowergirl dresses and bought their headbands.
- Made my tiara and bridesmaid headbands.
- Chosen my veil.
- Booked accommodation for the wedding party.
I’ve still to:
- Get my bridesmaids measured up for their dresses.
- Arrange a group discount for kilt hire for anyone attending the wedding.
- Book a hairdresser.
- Get my fiance to learn to drive.
I feel like we’re nearly there. We’ve even started booking the hen and stag party and I’m onto planning the grown-up hen party which will be more like a bridal shower but without the presents.
Post # 4
@SpecialSundae: Your wedding sounds like its going to be lots of fun with the bagpipes and stuff!! Congrats Month Twin!
Post # 5
@MrsBoomBoom: Thank you so much. I’m sort of in a planning lull at the moment. I loved picking my shoes.
What’s your dress like?
Post # 6
You guys are on the ball! The only thing I have is the date and Party picked out.
Post # 7
@monkeykate13: HAHA i know how you feel, Also we’re date twins YAY!
- booked the venue for ceremony and reception
- booked the photographer
- celebrant (great aunty)
- bought my jewellery (all the wrong way round i know)
- picked the bridal party, having major drama with Maid/Matron of Honor
other than that i got nothin 🙂 hopefully i get my butt into gear soon!