8 reasons not to send your daughter to college..

posted 3 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 5
716 posts
Busy bee

Just… stop.

Post # 6
4827 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Upstate NY

@Kandiss16:  That’s a bunch of bible-thumping bullshit. Horrible. I just hope there aren’t actually human beings who agree with that article.

Post # 7
1893 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Dallas, TX

This makes me really really sad. I plan on raising my daughters (if I have any) to be independent, free-thinking women who will be able to make smart and self-respecting decisions. This list is crap.

Post # 8
575 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I notice it’s always the girls who oughtn’t go to school, never the boys. With a list like this, it almost all applies. Might meet the wrong kind of women, near occasion of sin, cost of degree, could interfere wiyh vocation, etc. but apparently, boys aren’t as tempted and men need college, no matter the cost.  Appallingly sexist and alarmingly backwards.  

Post # 10
3570 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

What a disgusting, laughable website.  Even has a section for “feminist lies.” 

Post # 12
1168 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@Kandiss16:  Absolutely ridiculous. I understand and respect other people’s religion but that is just crazy. That is definitely ignorance and not really based on religous beliefs. 

Post # 13
3735 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@Kandiss16:  That blogger is NOT mainstream.

Sometimes I think that it is a waste for a woman to go to school and then stay home and have babies. Like why get all educated and then not use it? I say this as a college educated woman who had these thoughts before attending college and now, 13 years out from undergrad, recently had a similar conversation with a girlfriend about it.

We need to make it possible for women to 1) get educated and 2) find affordable childcare so they can follow their dreams if that dream includes a professional life.

… WTF!

Post # 15
3735 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@MrsTVLover:  I need to visit the “feminist lies” section. It’s totally going to spin me up!

Post # 16
9412 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I agree with #4, but that’s the case for everyone and not just girls.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors