(Closed) 8 week appointment

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
4038 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

At ours we were there for nearly two hours, but I don’t know how common that is. We met with an NP, and she took a detailed medical history from both me and DH, went over the do’s and don’t’s of pregnancy, and gave us a lot of information about the hospital where we’ll be delivering. After that, I was sent to the lab for some blood work, and then to get an U/S. I normally wouldn’t have gotten the U/S for a few more weeks, but because of a recent miscarriage they had wanted to make sure everything was as it should be. 

ETA: I know other people who were in and out, so it really depends on your practice. I walked in a nervous wreck and really appreciated the extra time that was spent with us, but again, I’m not sure how common it was, even for our practice. 

Post # 4
1660 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@ms.melli:  They told me to allow 1.5 hr for the first OB appointment at 8 weeks (though now mine will be at 9).

Post # 5
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I wasn’t seem until my 8 week appointment (so no 4 week for me).  Mine was very short.  We got an ultrasound to make sure baby’s growth was on track.  The doctor asked if we had any questions and gave us a copy of a pregnancy/baby book she recommended we read.  That was it! No exam, no scales, no medical history, I was very surprised.  After, I had to get some bloodwork done.  We did end up getting a full medical history 3 weeks later at our genetic screening.  The breif visit may also have been because I had had my annual GYN visit 2 months prior, so they had my stats from that.

The topic ‘8 week appointment’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors