(Closed) 80-85 degree summer evening wedding too hot?

posted 5 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
955 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

You live in the south….people should be used to the heat.

Now if some fool in Minnesota decided to have a wedding on a really hot day and make me sit outside and sit in a pool of my own sweat, I’d throw a fit.

But people in the south have a bigger tolerance for that kind of thing, right??  

Post # 4
9552 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

It’ll be fine! Provide fans and cold water when people show up. Maybe relax the dress code so people can dress comfortably. Don’t stress out!

Post # 6
2849 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I live in the South, and I have to admit that I would be a little uncomfortable sitting outside in extreme heat. I agree that providing fans and cold beverages will help. Also, you mentioned the ceremony was starting at 7pm, but the sunset will probably be around 8pm that time of year. So, it could still be sunny when your ceremony starts. 

Post # 7
700 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I bet you’ll be fine! I had my summer Texas wedding in June… it was probably 100 degrees that day but by my 6:30PM ceremony with lots of shade, parasols, and fans, people seemed fine. I didn’t hear any complaints! They should know what to expect.

Post # 8
4046 posts
Honey bee

I’m fine with heat, as long as its not direct sunlight. I actually think warm summer nights are quite nice.

Another big factor is the humidity – how humid does it get at your area?

Post # 10
1218 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I went to a wedding in 95 degree heat (35 degrees Celsius) in autumn! Nobody expected it would be so hot outside of summer but we had a bit of a heat wave.

It was more uncomfortable getting to and from the venue to be honest. The venue had air conditioning and everyone coped OK, especially because they provided plenty of iced water.

Post # 12
4046 posts
Honey bee

@wynnetaylorwedding:  Hopefully! It never gets that humid here in OH either, but we went to NJ last fall and could barely stand to be outside for a few minutes. I’m thinking/hoping its mainly the coasts that get hit hard with humidity.

Post # 13
2098 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I live in the South and have been to a night wedding in the summer and I wasn’t really comfortable. Sorry. 🙁 I’m sure you don’t want to hear that. I was a BM, so the dress sure didn’t help but we were boiling and it was at the end of July. I also attended an outside ceremony in June one year around 5:30 and my GAWD…we were melting. And the reception was just inside but the room was so hot because of the sun. Ice melted and it just wasn’t my idea of comfortable.

I would definately provide parasols, bottled water and fans. Could you have the seating arranged so the guests backs are to the sun? Break the dress code, like one suggested. Suggest dressing for warm weather.

I love the idea of a huge mountain somewhere. I bet that is gorgeous!!

Post # 16
3287 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Having the reception outside is, IMO, the way to go! I went to a summer wedding in Florida, and the reception was inside… it was SO hot, the pictures are kind of awful because everyone was soaked with sweat. So good call on the outside reception, especially if you have fans!!

The topic ‘80-85 degree summer evening wedding too hot?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors