80 bridesmaids…yikes!

posted 3 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
1888 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I don’t even know 80 people I’d invite let alone be bridesmaids!  If that’s what they want more power to them, still how long did the processional and recessional take? We’re only having 35 guests and I’m having one bridesmaid who is one of my long-time, nearest and dearest friends.  Bigger is not always better.

PS. the wedding took place in June and the recessional is just now finishing…that poor exhusted organist Smile

Post # 4
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Absurd. In fact I’ve seen a lot of recent weddings (mostly from my wedding photographers blog) with just ridiculous numbers in the wedding party, sorry it looks silly and more – like prom group photos or something, not a wedding. 

Post # 5
1007 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Imagine buying all the bridesmaids gifts. 

Post # 6
2766 posts
Sugar bee

I think it’s really cool when someone has a large bridal party, especially when they have enormous families, but yikes! That’s just too many people to track and photograph. We’re probably going to end up with rather large bridal parties (he already has 8 in mind for his side haha).

Post # 7
2661 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

there’s this one too, the record for most bridesmaids at 110:

While I do agree that 80 or 110 is crazy, I understand why these women did it. They wanted to include all of their students from their dance schools. It’s different from just including a bunch of friends, IMO. There’s something special about including all the young girls that they teach. I think it’s sweet 🙂

Post # 8
5697 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

Aww I think that this is really sweet. What’s the harm in letting a bunch of little girls be bridesmaids for a day. They probably loved every second of it.

Post # 10
2132 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

That’s sweet that she wanted to include all her students, but my that must have been a looong processional. I bet the owner of the bridesmaid dress store was stoked as hell too, haha. I wish there were more pics from the wedding, I’m so curious about the logistics.

Post # 11
11379 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

@renwoman:  PS. the wedding took place in June and the recessional is just now finishing…that poor exhusted organist 

that totally made me laugh, thanks.
i too barely know 8 people i’d want as bm let alone 80.

Post # 12
4513 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@renwoman:  +1

I wouldn’t be able to list 80 women if you asked me, let alone know that many well enough to have them in my wedding.

We’re having 40 guests and I’ll only be having one bridesmaid as well.

Post # 13
772 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Good for her. But I couldn’t do it! No way! 

Post # 14
871 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@MrsPaulsBabyBallerina:  Is it wrong my first thought was “How did they pay for all of those flowers?! Did they get them all presents?!” hahahaha

Post # 15
1237 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2014 - Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts

Wow that’s a lot of people. Kudo’s for them but I would never. I’m keeping mine at 4. I could have had about 10 in reality but I thought that number was too much for my personal preference and the look I was going for.

Post # 16
1721 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Thats insane…it makes me think of the “Say Yes To the Dress” where the girl ended up with all these brides maids bc she was young and couldn’t say no.  She was like “well I couldn’t ask this person and then not ask this person…and then this person needs to be asked”. o_O noooo thank you.  its not a show on who has the most bridesmaids…and I feel like somehow having that many bridesmaids is more of a show than anything else. I will take just a few people that love me and want to support me vs every person i’ve ever met.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors