(Closed) 80 days. I am hyperventilating. omg omg zomgs

posted 4 years ago in August 2013
Post # 4
464 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

80 days?  It is 80 days?  Yikes!

Most of my pressure-stress has been over the invitations but they’ve been approved and are off to the printers now.  We’re getting addressed envelopes which also reduces the stress–as soon as they’re delivered, it’s assemble, slap stamps on them and off to the post office.  It seems they’ll be in folks hands just at the edge of decency as far as out-of-town notice goes.  I got to a “throw money at the problem” place with them.

I am stressed about my dress sleeves but lined up a good seamstress to gusset the forearms if necessary.  She said to try it on again at the end of June and see where I’m at.  I figure if I run 200 miles between now and wedding day I should be happy with the dress either way it goes.

I’m honestly nervous about being the cause for the occassion for all that family and so many friends from different areas of my life, but I hope to get to an Eff It stage by the wedding week otherwise I won’t enjoy myself at all.

FI tried on his suit with the shirt and the tie all together for the first time Monday night and that kind of freaked me out.  He looked so handsome and formally male.  He seemed pleased with how he looked and comfortable and I’m relieved as he’ll be able to relax on the big day as well.

Post # 5
3298 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

We are getting rsvp’s!!! 🙂

Post # 6
302 posts
Helper bee

I just got my invitations in the mail to send out! I feel so behind already! My to-do list is a mile long filled with DIY projects that are either totally necessary or just pinterest stuff I know might not get done.

Yikes!

Post # 7
217 posts
Helper bee

Time is going by so quickly!!! We got our invitations out two weeks ago (most guests are from out of town), and have started getting RSVP’s back. That part is so exciting!

I did get really stressed this week about whether I should stretch the budget to add videography or not, trying to find places to save money when most of the budget is already allocated. 

I have been making good progress on my DIYs though. In the last few weeks I made a couple chalk signs, finished 80% of a fabric garland, stamped cocktail napkins, painted a cake plate (not sure if I like it or not), and did a mock up of my floral centerpiece.

At the end of next week I am heading to my home province (and location of the wedding) for my shower, bachelorette, and a family memorial. While I am there I will be doing all my final meetings with vendors and any last minute planning that needs to be done while I am in the city. I am so excited but have a lot to do before then!

When I am home, I will be sewing my ribbon backdrop with my mom’s help. How did yours go?!?

Post # 8
3403 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

You’ve got more done than me (or perhaps right around the same amount) & I’m at the 50-something day mark lol.

Trust me, you’ll be fine & you really seem to have your poop in a group! 🙂

Post # 9
750 posts
Busy bee

78 days until the wedding ahhhhh!!!! I actually went into panic mode yesterday with how much was left to do and I ended up:

-Booking a photographer (FINALLY!!!)

-Writing my vows (and so did FI)

-Speaking with a potential DJ

-Mailing out a good chunk of the invitations

-Scheduling my alteration appointment

-Scheduling FI’s tux appointment

-Researching TONS of music for the ceremony/reception

-Making a comprehensive list of everything left to do

hahahha I went insane! I feel a lot better because all of the major stuff is done and now it’s just getting to all the little details 🙂

Post # 10
11242 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOUUUUU

I will be stalking Facebook on the 18th!

I don’t have that much more to do, really. Paint some votives and build the backdrop. Put together the seating chart, which has to wait until later. Trials aren’t until July. Then my shower(s?) and bachelorette party.

Post # 11
1565 posts
Bumble bee

@suburbian:  OMG I have 64 days!!!!! Feeling the pressure!

Post # 12
9172 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

I hear ya girl!  As soon as I got below the 3-month mark, i was like SHIT THERE’S SO MUCH TO DO!  We’re doing a DIY welcome BBQ the night before, DIY flowers / decor, DIY alcohol, DIY bagel brunch the next morning, writing the whole ceremony, gotta find the boy a suit, ETC.  I’m just trying to figure out how to get everything possible done in advance so I can enjoy the weekend instead of being stressed out!  My to-do list is 6 pages long!!!!!  Thankfully some of it is crossed off already.

Post # 13
2872 posts
Sugar bee

66 days! Almost at the two month mark.  I have all the big stuff done, but now I’m stressing about little details.  Where do we put the cake?  How do I want the entrance/introduction to go? Are we doing parent dances?  Do I need a welcome sign? Should I put a sign as you enter the ceremony asking for no photos/cellphones?  What do we do with bridal party SO’s since we have towncars for the BP? Its an hour drive away and I don’t want them stuck driving back, as we can definitely shuttle them back.  Do we bring them with us, even though we are getting ready and it would be awkward to have people of the other sex there? Ugh.

Post # 14
1246 posts
Bumble bee

I’m starting to get the nightmares. Photographer shows up during reception, venue burns down, etc. Though things seem to be falling into place I am still missing something. And it’s killing me.

Post # 16
707 posts
Busy bee

I’m starting to feel stressed out because I’m super busy at work this summer and our wedding is across the country from where we live. We’re leaving to go out there a week before the wedding and I just need to nail down some final details and buy a few things once we get there. We don’t have any “planning” left to do per se, but we need to pick a couple more of our music selections and come up with a timeline and logistics for the day of. Oh yeah, there are a bunch of vendors we have to pay in the next two months, too…good times!

The topic ‘80 days. I am hyperventilating. omg omg zomgs’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors