$8000 Budget for a wedding in NYC… PLEASE HELP!

posted 2 years ago in Money
Post # 2
5207 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

Tira:  To be brutally honest, it’s not gonna happen. You might get lucky if you eliminate the flowers, decor, and photographer but 8K is a low budget for anywhere, especially New York.

Post # 3
1311 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

Tira:  I think your best bet would be reserving a private dining area or banquet space at one of the NYC restaurants. Also for your budget, you’re going to have to cut out flowers, decor, music and entertainment. Flowers and photography alone would cost $8k. I’d stick to a ceremony and reception dinner.

Post # 4
6525 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

Tira:  I will be very tough to stay within that budget in Manhattan. 

You can definitely do Brooklyn, Queens or the Bronx – but you would have to be open to restaurants that have a party room and even that will be cutting it close. I would eliminate the cocktail hour. FOr a small wedding, I don’t think its necessary. 

If you really want flowers, consider DIY. 

I can suggest some really nice restaurants in Brooklyn ( I’ve lived here all my life) if you want. I know of a place in Brooklyn that actually has a package with entertainment included (DJ) and you might even have room to get a florist. 

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  .
Post # 5
598 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Dreams Las Mareas - Costa Rica

It can happen in long island… look into coral house on a sunday.  Keep the list to 50. I think you can do it.  My sister did it there for 12,000 for 100 people.  So with half the people, it should be manageable. They are all inclusive… so cake, centerpieces, food, drinks, ceremony… and more…

check out their packages … there are a few places like this in long island…

http://www.coralhouse.com/

She had her ceremony out by the lake… I think it was 68 a person… you can’t beat that with a bat…lol

its not too far from queens.. so its worth looking into…

btw… it was very nice.  Huge bridal suite to get ready in and a cocktail hour.  She had it on a sunday in july… september may be better because its not “prime” wedding season like the summer…

Let me know what you think

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  bkprettygirl.
Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors