82 year old engagement ring

posted 2 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
1055 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2014 - Loft

knoelle74:  Beautiful ring and congrats! My setting is 40+ years old and my diamond is 80+ years old. I am going the custom route. We’re having it made by a local jeweler and they are going to take my ring for 3 days when they make it to make sure it fits together.

Post # 3
4797 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

knoelle74:  Oh it’s sooooo pretty!! Personally I’d search for vintage/replica semi plain band. Maybe with some engraving. You could probably google art deco wedding “sets” or something. I reeeeally like Single Stone, but there are other places that sell vintage bands. That way you can get some ideas!

Post # 5
489 posts
Helper bee

knoelle74:  Etsy has some wonderful vintage wedding bands that will match your ering (which is gorgeous BTW). As long as the seller has great reviews and a good return policy (with enough time for you to test the metal to make sure it’s real), you shouldn’t worry about purchasing online. I’ve purchased plenty online from reputable sellers, no issues. 

That said, you could probably do a vintage band, eternity ring, simple band, etc. You should also visit some jewlers to get an idea of what fits/looks best before you commit to purchaing either at a store or online.

Post # 6
1349 posts
Bumble bee

You could have it custom made or find a vintage one.

I think a plain band would match perfectly though.

Post # 7
6597 posts
Bee Keeper

Wow, that is so beautiful, and I love that it’s an heirloom.

Post # 10
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Beautiful ring! I agree with PP either custom or a vintage ring.

Post # 11
2041 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 1995

There are a lot of vintagegart deco WG wedding bands on ebay. I have purchased lots of jewelry items fron ebay and eve had to return one due to size and comfortl with no problems. Good luck and congrats… it truly is a gorgeous and very special ring!

Post # 12
489 posts
Helper bee

knoelle74:  I have purchased from Diamond Addiction before and Amy is great to work with. She has more engagement rings than wedding bands, but she always adds pieces daily (yeah, I’m etsy a lot)! 

Post # 13
1622 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Cape May

I love this! My set is modeled after my grandmother’s set so this is touching. As others have stated,  look for a vintage wedding band on line or even check out some antique jewelers. A thin plain band could look great,  or even some delicate engraving on the band. 

Post # 14
2155 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

So beautiful! Congratulations

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors