(Closed) 85 people RSVP’D, How many people should I tell my venue?

posted 7 years ago in Venue
Post # 3
661 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I’d tell them the exact number.  You did include you guys and the wedding party as well, correct?

Post # 4
2600 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Tell them 85 for now, as long as your final guarantee isn’t due until 24 hours prior.  If you have a few drop out between now and then, let your venue know.

Do not tell them more or less, and if for some reason a guest brings an extra person – the venue staff will make them a seat somewhere and you’ll be charged (if they’re paying attention) for one additional person + that weird fee.  I’ve never seen such a high additional charge before. 

Honestly, I’ve coordinated around 500 or more weddings and I can only think of a couple where we had to add a chair in for someone… and often times we didn’t charge for that extra person jsut because it never made it onto paperwork and by the end of the evening when running billing, it was forgotten.

Good luck!

Post # 7
373 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I’d say 85, they will prob let an extra guest slip.

Post # 8
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

@Tswife4ever: I definitely wouldn’t kick that person out of the reception. I can’t imagine doing that to someone close to me who is important enough to be at my wedding. That would likely end up with at least one angry person leaving with that guest.

Post # 9
2116 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Honestly, I agree with your fiance. You told them how many seats are reserved for them, they have no excuse. Put it on your website to double enforce that you would like to spend your wedding day with only your closest friends and family so please stick to the number they RSVP’d with. I don’t think its unfair to tell someone they may not stay if they are unaccounted for.

The topic ‘85 people RSVP’D, How many people should I tell my venue?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors