(Closed) 8/6/09 Music Idea of the Day: First Dance

posted 9 years ago in Music
Post # 3
2682 posts
Sugar bee

Our first dance song was Beyond the Sea by Bobby Darin.  It was a little different to dance to because of some fast parts but we took lessons and added some choreographed bits.  It meant a lot to us, its “our” song because we were long distance for 2 years and we heard that song and it reminded us of our situtation 🙂

Post # 4
1514 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I think we’re doing  Crazy Little thing called love by Queen

Post # 5
721 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

“Can’t Help Falling in Love” by Elvis

Post # 6
327 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

My FI is keeping our first dance song as a secret, I can´t wait!

Post # 7
666 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

I think the first dance song is going to be a surprise for me too.  FI is assembling our entire playlist.  I told him I don’t care what the song is, as long as it is one I will recognize when it starts to play.  I’m excited to see what he picks out.

Post # 8
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Ours is “True Companion” by Marc Cohn…at least that’s what it is today!  I keep changing my mind, and I’m sort of driving my FI crazy 🙂

Post # 10
327 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

Total surprise! He´s actually doing the whole music list for the reception as a surprise… but I trust he´s musical insticnts

I have I few surprises for him also (wicked laugh)

Post # 11
2820 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

‘From This Moment On’ by Shania Twain. We could do something a little more “personal”, I suppose (we’d probably pick ‘Chasing Cars’ by Snow Patrol then), but honestly? The song is WRITTEN for a first dance, and it makes both me and my fiance tear up.

Post # 12
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I”m really loving the new-ish Brad Paisley song, but FI hates country music..so I debate doing like Firehouse, old fun stuff? confused..

Post # 13
151 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

We’re dancing to The Rose, by Bette Midler… I’m so excited Smile

Post # 14
4 posts
Wannabee

We are doing “So Close” by Jon McLaughlin.  Cheesy, but it applies to my FH and my past, present, and future ^_^

Post # 15
3226 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

My fiance and I want to dance to No Doubt’s “Rock Steady”. This band has great significance for us.  The song is somewhat uptempo, but still a slow song. I’m not sure if we’d be able to pull it off.  

Post # 16
2725 posts
Sugar bee

We are dancing to So You Can Sleep At Night by the Clarks, a local Pittsburgh band.

The topic ‘8/6/09 Music Idea of the Day: First Dance’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors