(Closed) $88 headband v $8 headband!! comparison pics! what do you think?

posted 7 years ago in Accessories
Post # 3
3068 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I LOVE the $8 one! I personally like it more than the other!

Post # 4
544 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I’d love to see a pic of the headband on YOU!

Also, there’s a big difference b/c Forever 21 uses a lot of out-of-country labor so they can sell super cheap items, while the seller spends her own time doing the work, and charges accordingly.

Post # 4
14503 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I think that you could add alot to the cheaper one and make it just like the one you want.  I don’t think it would be hard or expensive.

Post # 5
173 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I think the $8 one is great!  Plus you just saved $80 and are getting the same look.

Post # 7
205 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I think the cheaper one is nice, but Forever 21’s accessories are alright for every day wear but the quality would never match up to a handmade hair band for 10 times the price. The look is very similar but you can see its just sequins sewn onto fabric and ribbon. Good for the price hun but I wouldn’t compromise on quality for my wedding

Post # 8
7152 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

I think that the one from Forever 21 is just fine. Who is going to know that you spent $8 and that your other option was an $80 headband?

Post # 9
6394 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

I think the $8 one looks great! I understand Etsy sellers put a lot of effort into their work, but an $80 difference means a lot to a lot of brides.

Congrats on finding such a great deal!

Post # 10
2867 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I love F21 for fun accessories! I think yours is a great substitute.

While I understand the difference in quality – it’s not a heirloom piece (like a pair of earrings or a necklace) so it doesn’t have to last to be passed down. It’s really only going to be worn for your wedding and maybe a few other occassions.

I don’t think I could spend $80 on a headband that was so “trendy”. It’s just not worth it. Real jewelry, coats, shoes and handbags are good investment pieces, I think it’s smart to save money on things that won’t get several years of use. Good find!

Post # 11
237 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@camrie: I completey agree.

Post # 12
3222 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@camrie: TOTALLY agree. 

@pinkpetal: I love the $8 one! It’s sooo much cuter! I got my headband on WB for $35 and the one I’d been eyeing on Etsy was double the price. Just have to keep you eye out for good deals!!

Post # 13
2385 posts
Buzzing bee

Cute!

Post # 14
43 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I personally like the $8 one better anyway! It’s very cute!

The topic ‘$88 headband v $8 headband!! comparison pics! what do you think?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors