(Closed) 8.8.09 in 100 days!

posted 9 years ago in August 2009
Post # 3
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

I can’t belive we’re at 100 days either!  Time has FLOWN!

Right now, I’m focused on fitness, teeth whitening, getting the invites to the calligrapher, and working on programs and table cards

My dress is due in in early June!  I feel the same way- nervous and excited!  I’d love to lose that last 10 pounds before it comes in!

THanks for starting this thread! It will be fun for us to keep in touch!

Post # 4
209 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I can’t believe it’s only 100 days and counting!  I was just thinking yesterday that I was ecstatic that we’ve got so much done-along with the help of my competitiveness and obsessive compulsive organizational behavior.

For us, Save the Dates went out early Feb, my man picked the design of our cake, invites are now in the mail and on their way, my FSIL is a hair stylist so we colored and trimmed my hair and had my 1st practice session, linens and chair covers and decor are reserved and set, flowers are a check, and bridesmaids dresses arrived from Jenny Yoo back in December and alterations are in progress

I’m just excited to have time to breath and get the last minute things done.  Good luck to all of you- I know how crazy the times are getting and how stressful it is- but enjoy the time and I hope everyone takes time to get to enjoy the weather also

Post # 5
54 posts
Worker bee

OMG really its just 100 days out??? I’m working on invitations and table decor.  OMG I have tons to still do! Crap I better call the linen compnay today… 

Post # 6
291 posts
Helper bee

Seconding the OMG and CRAP! Very excited, don’t get me wrong ๐Ÿ˜‰ but I’d lost track of the days a little there. I suspect when I tell FI tonight, he will also give me a similar reaction =P.

For us we’re going to start addressing and putting together invites this weekend (giving myself about a week or so to finish, hopefully will get them out halfway through may), also need to finalize linen and chair rentals, purchase decorations and misc details (lanterns and parasols, etc) start to put together DIY projects (window treatments, table runners, etc), design the rest of our stationery, and take our first dance lesson next weeekend =)! We’re also going back to our hometown Memorial Day weekend to hit all of our wedding appointments, first dress fitting, cake tasting, food tasting, floral appointment, etc etc. LOTS to do!

Post # 7
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

I can’t believe we only have 100 days.  It came up so fast. The only big thing i have left is to send out invites.  But today I learned taht I can get all the inserts (about 175 different sheets) printed, cut, and drilled for under 20 dollars!

Post # 8
1896 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009 - St. Thomas of Villanova Church & the F.U.E.L. House

Yikes!  I’m closer to the end of August, but my 100 day mark is fast approaching!

Post # 9
54 posts
Worker bee

When are you all sending out the invites? I need to have a head count b y Aug 1st, is sending the invites out 2nd to last week in June to late? too early?

Post # 10
41 posts
Newbee

ladies i am excited to be at 100 days!!!  but i am also so overwhelmed!  there is so much left to do but i feel that i feel like we have gotten a lot of the big stuff done!! like some other pp i am focusing on working out and the little picky details! the invites will be put together this weekend and mailed out next friday!  now on to diy stuff!!

good luck ladies!  it is really going to be great!

hive hug! 

Post # 11
54 posts
Worker bee

I am so excited!!!  Like many of you, I still have a lot of details to take care of…but right now I am definitely more excited than stressed!

Post # 12
77 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

Whoo hoo!  Can’t wait!

But reading your responses is freaking me out ๐Ÿ™‚  I haven’t even started my invitations, and still need to find a cake and florist.  

I just finished law school today!!  ๐Ÿ™‚  So I am going to celebrate that and then buckle down and work on the wedding . . . which is way more fun than law school exams.  

We weren’t going to send the invites until 8 weeks out – is that too late?  I noticed that several you are sending yours out in the next week or so.  

Post # 13
41 posts
Newbee

@ATLBelle: i am only mailing out my invites a little bit earlier because people (all of my family) have to travel from new york to maine..it really isn’t the longest hike someone has to make but they need to make flight arrangements and hotel reservations…so the sooner they can do that the better and possibly the cheaper…also, i just think that the summer is so busy.  Personally i have 4 other weddings to attend, aside from my own…i just want people to be know what their schedule is!!

Post # 14
291 posts
Helper bee

@ATLBelle — Congrats on finishing law school! That must be a HUGE load off your back…and probably frees up a lot more time for wedding planning =P! Like circus peanut I am sending my invites out early for the sake of our OOT guests — most of our extended families will be flying in from all over the world, and the majority of our invited friends live out of state…I KNOW there will be a group of procrastinators who wait until the last minute to firm up their plans, so hopefully this will help nip that issue in the bud =).

If you don’t have a big list of OOT guests than the usual 6-8 week window should be just fine!

Post # 16
558 posts
Busy bee

We just changed out date to 8.8.09…. less than 100 days to go, lovies! Our invites are being printed as we speak, I’m hoping to get them finished and sent out next week. I bought my dress off the rack, and my alterations are at the beginning of July. BMs have ordered their dresses, flowers are picked, going to talk to the caterer this weekend… phew! Oh, and FI got his ring yesterday… he’s been wearing it around to "get used to the feel of it". So cute! ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘8.8.09 in 100 days!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors